• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whos going to Open Carry when they go to VOTE on Aug. 7th?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I won't OC in a PFZ in Ingham County as long as a lady with the last name of Aqualina occupies a bench of the 30th Circuit Court.

See People v Watkins.
-
Hey easy - ladies everywhere maybe offended by you grouping them with her. Sorry Mike, one cannot choose who they are related to... bummer...:mad:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Voted.

One lady commented on my sidearm. Another lady asked if I was related to some folks she knew with same last name. Talked with one of our neighbors after she voted.

Went home.

stainless1911

Banned
Sent to Legislature

Titled: "I Couldn't Vote"

Although It is legal for the 300 thousand or so "privileged" Michigan residents to carry openly in schools, I am not among those "special" people who have been granted the so called right to carry the same weapons that the criminals do. Unfortunately, my polling location is in a school. A place that we send our kids everyday to learn about things, such as the constitution. Due to the location of the polls, and the staggeringly irresponsible convoluted mess of firearms laws in this state, it is illegal for me to exercise my "rights" while voting. What a disgusting irony.

Gun owners played a major part in voting in this majority this term, we took the entire state as a result, yet we have received nothing meaningful in return. It's not too late, but many of us are planning some changes this fall as a result. Perhaps that will become apparent as the votes start rolling in.

Last edited:

Raggs

Although It is legal for the 300 thousand or so "privileged" Michigan residents to carry openly in schools, I am not among those "special" people who have been granted the so called right to carry the same weapons that the criminals do. Unfortunately, my polling location is in a school. A place that we send our kids everyday to learn about things, such as the constitution. Due to the location of the polls, and the staggeringly irresponsible convoluted mess of firearms laws in this state, it is illegal for me to exercise my "rights" while voting. What a disgusting irony.

Gun owners played a major part in voting in this majority this term, we took the entire state as a result, yet we have received nothing meaningful in return. It's not too late, but many of us are planning some changes this fall as a result. Perhaps that will become apparent as the votes start rolling in.

There reply could be something like this. We understand how this makes you feel and it saddens us that you aren't voting even though all it would take for you to vote would be to leave your weapon in your car and vote. It is sad that your voice wont be heard in the most important election year, regards.

Last edited:

scot623

Open carried while voting in an elementary school today. Multiple people talked to me, only one person made an inference about my gun. She's a woman that I see at church and at the local hardware store often so she know me. She asked what I did for a living. When my answer had nothing to do with firearms she gave me an odd look. I then clarified that I carry my firearm every day to protect myself and my family. Nothing negative was said from that point and I finished my voting and went on my way.

detroit_fan

Will be going to vote at my township hall soon, plan to OC. I have to vote in the democratic primary this time, going to be weird for me.

Last edited:

Super Trucker

If they reply and say you should have asked for an absentee ballot and voted from your living room, are you going to feel that you have accomplished anything?

Hevymetal

Well the proverbial fecal matter hit the rotating bladed motor used for moving air this afternoon. I showed up this morning to do my job as the election inspector with my sidearm and nothing was said "at first" an hour or so goes by with voters coming and going and nothing being said till a guy come in notices my sidearm and asks? "Why do we need armed security to vote?" I said "You don't, I am merely exercising my right to bear arms while exercising my right to vote." he snapped the ballot out of my hand and went to vote. Well apparently him and another lady went and started bitching about me having a sidearm to the clerk.

She comes over to me and asks me to step outside. I could see the writing on the wall at this time. So we step outside and she proceeds to tell me I am not allowed to have a gun at the polls. When I respond I always have my gun on me, even working the last several elections, you know that. Then she says well but it's not hanging out like that and you can't have a gun at the polls. When I proceed to let her know I called the state election commission and they said there is no problem with that. Then she responds well people are complaining it's making then nervous. I said "I can't be held responsible for peoples irrational fears."

Then she asked if I could cover it or put it in her desk till I'm done. When i said I'm wearing a dress shirt and I would look like a slob untucking it to cover my sidearm. She wanted me to put it in her desk. I refused noting that I'm responsible for my sidearm and no offense to her but I would also be violating the law by relinquishing it to an unlicensed individual. I said "I am licensed by the state and my weapon is legally holstered, I am well within my rights to carry it." She came back with the "Well people are complaining it's making then nervous." At that point I was getting frustrated and replied "with the only thing I could think of at that moment (and probably not the most politically correct thing) "If I was black and that made people nervous, would you ask me to leave or paint my face white?" Then she said "No I guess not" turned around and walked away.

I thought that was the end of it until an hour later she came up to me and informed me I was being "Relieved" at noon. So at noon I left and returned home. We shall see if I am called back to work the Presidential election or not. The most aggravating thing is the woman who took my place was esthatic I was carrying, she is very pro gun and didn't even know she could carry at the polls.

So we will see what happens in the future, at least I made sure to cast my ballot before leaving :) If I am not called back to work you can make damn sure I'll be OCing when I go vote.

Ezerharden

Well the proverbial fecal matter hit the rotating bladed motor used for moving air this afternoon. I showed up this morning to do my job as the election inspector with my sidearm and nothing was said "at first" an hour or so goes by with voters coming and going and nothing being said till a guy come in notices my sidearm and asks? "Why do we need armed security to vote?" I said "You don't, I am merely exercising my right to bear arms while exercising my right to vote." he snapped the ballot out of my hand and went to vote. Well apparently him and another lady went and started bitching about me having a sidearm to the clerk.

She comes over to me and asks me to step outside. I could see the writing on the wall at this time. So we step outside and she proceeds to tell me I am not allowed to have a gun at the polls. When I respond I always have my gun on me, even working the last several elections, you know that. Then she says well but it's not hanging out like that and you can't have a gun at the polls. When I proceed to let her know I called the state election commission and they said there is no problem with that. Then she responds well people are complaining it's making then nervous. I said "I can't be held responsible for peoples irrational fears."

Then she asked if I could cover it or put it in her desk till I'm done. When i said I'm wearing a dress shirt and I would look like a slob untucking it to cover my sidearm. She wanted me to put it in her desk. I refused noting that I'm responsible for my sidearm and no offense to her but I would also be violating the law by relinquishing it to an unlicensed individual. I said "I am licensed by the state and my weapon is legally holstered, I am well within my rights to carry it." She came back with the "Well people are complaining it's making then nervous." At that point I was getting frustrated and replied "with the only thing I could think of at that moment (and probably not the most politically correct thing) "If I was black and that made people nervous, would you ask me to leave or paint my face white?" Then she said "No I guess not" turned around and walked away.

I thought that was the end of it until an hour later she came up to me and informed me I was being "Relieved" at noon. So at noon I left and returned home. We shall see if I am called back to work the Presidential election or not. The most aggravating thing is the woman who took my place was esthatic I was carrying, she is very pro gun and didn't even know she could carry at the polls.

So we will see what happens in the future, at least I made sure to cast my ballot before leaving :) If I am not called back to work you can make damn sure I'll be OCing when I go vote.

If it were me, I would be contacting the state election commission and letting them know a clerk feels like they have the authority to over rule the law. If they said it was ok, then they should communicate that down to the polling locations so the polling locations know not to try and violate a person's rights.

Last edited: