• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help plzz

neuroblades

im 20 and i want to oc in kentucky .Opencarry.org says you can oc at 18 in kentucky but when i talk to some cop and the sheriff thay did not know thay just side i think its 21 bc you have to be 21 to by a handgun . and if im not on here when i log off plzz email graywolf1969@gmail.com

Yes, 18 is legal for OC only. CC is 21. Be prepared if LEO's hassle you.

langzaiguy

It doesn't matter what a cop THINKS. It matters what the law is, and the law is 100% clear. One may openly carry a handgun at 18.

09jisaac

Gray, I too am 20 and I have had two sheriff deputies tell me I couldn't OC but I have walked past a state trooper into a restaurant without so much as an odd look. But be prepared to be hassled by everyone who think that they know KY laws. I have been OCing for just over a month and have plenty of people tell me its illegal to do without a permit.

neuroblades

Gray, I too am 20 and I have had two sheriff deputies tell me I couldn't OC but I have walked past a state trooper into a restaurant without so much as an odd look. But be prepared to be hassled by everyone who think that they know KY laws. I have been OCing for just over a month and have plenty of people tell me its illegal to do without a permit.

Most all of the KSP troopers I've met are well aware of the OC law and therefore won't hassle lawful carry.

graywolf1969

i dont get it needing help a gine

alright guy i just got done talking to a ccd and he side i could not open carry bc on my age im 20 ? but the ,, the kentucky constitution the seventh says the right to bear arms in a defense of themselvers and the state subject to the power of general assembly to enact laws to person from carrying concealed weapons .

he also give me this link and side this will tell me all i need and i dont see a dam thing ******* lyer here u go guys caRRYING http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/527-00

/CHAPTER.HTM:banghead:

CharleyCherokee

It's fairly obvious given KRS 527.100 that you can open carry. Be comfortable with the law and carry in peace. If you're not confident that you're within the law, then it's probably best not to OC until you are.

KRM59

nothing there is over ride your rights

there is nothing in those links that has changed except for the carrying in a car and where you can. don't know who you talked to but there total idiots.

09jisaac

For some reason, I suspect that the written word isn't one of his strong points.

He has asked this same questions three different times. Its not enough that this whole website says that he only has to be 18, or that kentucky statues don't say you have to have an age to carry or that the only law requiring an age to carry is the US youth handgun safety act (and KRS with the same name) that says if you are below the age of 18 you have a lot of restrictions (but you can still carry).

No, cause his CCD (whatever this is I don't know.) told him he couldn't, and so did a backwood sheriff who would tell anyone anything to keep them from having a gun.

Claytron

He has asked this same questions three different times. Its not enough that this whole website says that he only has to be 18, or that kentucky statues don't say you have to have an age to carry or that the only law requiring an age to carry is the US youth handgun safety act (and KRS with the same name) that says if you are below the age of 18 you have a lot of restrictions (but you can still carry).

No, cause his CCD (whatever this is I don't know.) told him he couldn't, and so did a backwood sheriff who would tell anyone anything to keep them from having a gun.

No offense due but how many hours per week do you spend on this site? On the internet in general? Im guessing like most of us its alot, but some people barely ever go near a computer and you expect someone to come on here and trust every word you say without doubt just because YOU said it, when at the same time you are telling him not to believe a sheriff? Think about it a little bit from the perspective of someone who DOESNT spend all their time on a pro-gun forum.