• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Shooter McGee

Boulder OC......'no worries' as they say.

so yesterday i decided to head down the hill to boulder with my 1911 on my hip at 9'oclock, i am south paw. parked at 35th and arapahoe and walked up to 6th and then north to canyon blvd. and back again east down canyon blvd. thru 29th st. mall back to 35th to my truck. crossed a cross walk in...
  2. Shooter McGee

super walmart on 287 in lafayette OK to OC

was there for 2 hours shopping with my wife and 18 month old son yesterday. sig .45 1911 at 9'oclock. white shirt so i know that it really stood out and it was hard not to notice. no weird or bad looks that i noticed. no one whispering to their companion while passing by. saw, talked and joked...
  3. Shooter McGee

in colorado now but coming to maine soon

hi all, i currently live 9,000 ft. up in the rockies of colorado but i am moving to maine come the end of next summer as my wife and i hail from the northeast and we are eager to get back. 8 years at almost 2 miles above sea level is enough for me. anyways, i OC full time, everywhere and...
  4. Shooter McGee

is filmimg a LEO encounter in CO legal?

is filming a LEO encounter in CO legal? so can anyone point me to any laws pertaining to the filming of LEO encounters being legal or illegal? and also, laws pertaining to the recording of audio of LEO encounters? i have heard of more than a few cases of people recording and/or filming such...
  5. Shooter McGee

sherrif says time for citizens to arm themselves

http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html
  6. Shooter McGee

an article from a former CO deputy sherrif about OC

kinda interesting. what do you all think? http://www.policeone.com/off-duty/articles/3502436-8-tips-on-contacts-with-open-carry-citizens/
  7. Shooter McGee

Open Carry Freedom Card For All OC'ers To Carry

so this is something i was writing up for all of us OC'ers with regard to LEO encounters and is totally open to add-on's and improvements and corrections as i am sure there are many of each. if fact, i encourage more for this. please state statutes and cases if possible. this is just a start. i...
  8. Shooter McGee

need to know if my understanding is correct.......

hey all, need to know if my understanding about OC in boulder city is correct. it seems to me that i can OC in boulder city limits as long as the magazine is removed from the firearm and said magazine is located on another part of my person. is my translation of boulder law correct or...
  9. Shooter McGee

another new guy

hi all, name is joe and i am new here. i hope you all will welcome me to the forum. i started to OC about 4 months ago and since have had no issues. i OC a sig scorpion 1911 with 8 alternating 230g federal hydrashoks and federal HST's in the magazine in a heavily modified blackhawk serpa 2...