• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another new member

Krusty

I had lunch with my family today and handed out WCI leaflets. 3 out of 4 were very interested and my sister stated she had never heard of us and asked how much is it to join? She also liked my XDm 45.

oak1971

The 919 is a great bike. Very versatile and has a few horsepower as I understand it. The ZRX is a torque monster. I like the bags too. mine are soft. with a soft trunk and the stock fairing.

I had some soft bags from Technic for my ZRX. I miss the power wheelies. My 919 has the same HP of my ZRX1100, but down on torque from the lower displacement. I do enjoy the fuel injection I have now. My Kawis were always a bit cold blooded. Styling wise, hands down for the ZRX. Here is a pic of my old ZRX with me on hwy 129 (the Dragon).

IMG_8367.jpg

Have Gun - Will Carry

I haven't been into sporty bikes for several years, but believe it or not my RG will do wheelies with my wife on board - if I grab a handful of throttle without her, the back tire usually breaks loose & I just get sideways! :shocker:

Must have something to do with the bored & stroked & cammed & ported 104 cu. inches... (for those not familiar with inch-metric conversion, that's 1700cc's of torque monster!) :D

IMG_0192 adjusted.jpg

That much power puts a huge smile on my face every time I ride it, so the windshield is necessary to keep bugs out of my teeth. ;)

Although I will admit, I still have a soft spot for the old Honda Nighthawk S - I might have to pick up one of those some day. The way I see it, all bikes are cool!

J.Gleason

Banned
As soon as the vehicle carry restrictions are gone in Wisconsin this is the seat that is going on my bike. Only in Black and it will be sporting an auto.

Attachments

• Texas Bike Seat.jpg
    Texas Bike Seat.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 64

oak1971

I haven't been into sporty bikes for several years, but believe it or not my RG will do wheelies with my wife on board - if I grab a handful of throttle without her, the back tire usually breaks loose & I just get sideways! :shocker:

Must have something to do with the bored & stroked & cammed & ported 104 cu. inches... (for those not familiar with inch-metric conversion, that's 1700cc's of torque monster!) :D

View attachment 4377

That much power puts a huge smile on my face every time I ride it, so the windshield is necessary to keep bugs out of my teeth. ;)

Although I will admit, I still have a soft spot for the old Honda Nighthawk S - I might have to pick up one of those some day. The way I see it, all bikes are cool!

Sounds like a lot of power, and cash. :cool: I like the new Triumph Thunderbird 1700 parallel twin. It trips my trigger for a crusier'ish type of bike. Plus it's got that Brit thing going on.:cool:

Have Gun - Will Carry

Sounds like a lot of power, and cash. :cool: I like the new Triumph Thunderbird 1700 parallel twin. It trips my trigger for a crusier'ish type of bike. Plus it's got that Brit thing going on.:cool:

Luckily the first owner dropped most of the cash into the engine, then I got a good deal on the used bike for the price of a stocker. Six months later, when the crappy factory rear cam bearing disintegrated on I-94 after 6 hours at 85 mph, I put in S&S gear drive cams. Then when the factory crankpin bearings wore out last year and I was told the stock crank wasn't rebuildable (who ever heard of that?), I had the engine rebuilt and dropped in a stroker crank.

Major boost in power and torque, leading to the permanent smile plastered on my face all summer - and the wheelies! Debbie loves it too, 'specially when I carry the front wheel all the way across an intersection and then some!

I haven't seen the 1700 T-bird, but those 2200cc Rocket III's they made were pretty awesome.

oak1971

Luckily the first owner dropped most of the cash into the engine, then I got a good deal on the used bike for the price of a stocker. Six months later, when the crappy factory rear cam bearing disintegrated on I-94 after 6 hours at 85 mph, I put in S&S gear drive cams. Then when the factory crankpin bearings wore out last year and I was told the stock crank wasn't rebuildable (who ever heard of that?), I had the engine rebuilt and dropped in a stroker crank.

Major boost in power and torque, leading to the permanent smile plastered on my face all summer - and the wheelies! Debbie loves it too, 'specially when I carry the front wheel all the way across an intersection and then some!

I haven't seen the 1700 T-bird, but those 2200cc Rocket III's they made were pretty awesome.

My buddy has a Rocket 3 with the full touring fairing and bags. It's a monster.

Here's a Thunderbird.

thunderbird.jpg

Spartacus

Banned
I see the reserve tank behind the seat. Whats on the front fender? Another reserve?

Its an FXR like HGWT identified correctly, but only the frame is original. The engine is a hot 113 CU Ultima El Bruto with 3 inch straight pipes so I had to configure a different oil tank with coolers to extend engine life. The original FXRs had itty bitty oil tanks with a tiny battery under the seat. With a high compression engine like the El Bruto I got about 3 tries to start the engine before the battery crapped out. lol So I redid everything and now there is a monster gell cell under the seat with about 600 CCA's.

But I like little plastic rice burners too... :D

M

McX

Its an FXR like HGWT identified correctly, but only the frame is original. The engine is a hot 113 CU Ultima El Bruto with 3 inch straight pipes so I had to configure a different oil tank with coolers to extend engine life. The original FXRs had itty bitty oil tanks with a tiny battery under the seat. With a high compression engine like the El Bruto I got about 3 tries to start the engine before the battery crapped out. lol So I redid everything and now there is a monster gell cell under the seat with about 600 CCA's.

But I like little plastic rice burners too... :D

my rice burner will trans-warp past virtually any harley.

MKEgal

...no bugs in the face is a wonderful thing!

A full-face helmet will take care of that problem. :) Heck, even an open-face helmet w/ a shield would work.

Welcome to the group, and yes, I ride. :banana: Recently broke up with he who owned the bikes I've ridden for 5 years, so have had to step down a bit in prestige & reliability... went from liter+ BMWs to a 400cc Yamaha.
Eventually I'll get a decent bike of my own again. Meanwhile I'm learning all the "fun" little maintenance things. Oil I understand, spark plugs I understand, but tearing into the engine & clutch? Eek.

Have Gun - Will Carry

A full-face helmet will take care of that problem. :) Heck, even an open-face helmet w/ a shield would work.

Welcome to the group, and yes, I ride. :banana: Recently broke up with he who owned the bikes I've ridden for 5 years, so have had to step down a bit in prestige & reliability... went from liter+ BMWs to a 400cc Yamaha.
Eventually I'll get a decent bike of my own again. Meanwhile I'm learning all the "fun" little maintenance things. Oil I understand, spark plugs I understand, but tearing into the engine & clutch? Eek.

Hi there! Nothing wrong with small bikes, they're fun too - especially if that's all you can afford. My wife's got a GS450 that I ride once in a while, but at 6'2" I just look downright funny on it! Beemers are cool, gotta buy one some day. Basically I like most anything with 2 wheels. (well, OK, not a 125 two-stroke - just not enough power to haul my fat ass around!)

Actually I kinda met you yesterday at Starbucks, but I didn't know it until after you left. Deb & I walked over by you and Paul as you were getting on your bike - nice horn! BTW, what kind did you say that was?

Last edited: