• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The time for action is NOW!

Viper

AP,

And you don't think all of the other groups out there aren't front loading the newly elected officials.....

By all means, hit em up now and keep it up. We have the US and state constitutions on our side. The other groups most likely do not.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Kedzie; "Don't call us. We'll call you. Thanks for re/electing us." Business as usual.

Conservatism is a three-legged stool, fiscal, social and foreign policy. Take any one away and it's just a turd walkin'.

Exactly... "thanks for your vote, now to the back of the bus with you"

its BULL$hit.

Most of these politicians expressed support for conceal carry in their campaign rhetoric. If it was important enough to make your campaign commercials and public comments, its important enough to receive your attention now. Don't use it in your stump speech if you don't intend on taking action.

I recall many said on the campaign trail conceal carry was a priority.

Paul, I would politely remind Mr. Kedzie that he voiced support of CC and that we've been "waiting" for decades while other states get their rights restored.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul, I would politely remind Mr. Kedzie that he voiced support of CC and that we've been "waiting" for decades while other states get their rights restored.

I will. I see him quite often out and about. I will remind him. I just used email to get the ball rolling. I will continue to harp on this until it is fixed.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
That any legislation isn't going to be taken up until well into next year. The legislature has to wrestle with the budget and other essential tasks first. I'm not saying don't contact your representatives but don't front load the effort so much that when the opportune time arrives, you are exhausted and they are irritated. You also give opponents more motivation to gin up ways to defeat legislation. If there is a friendly legislator or legislative-saavy member, follow his advice on how and when to contact members. Don't think any change is in the can. And when amendments/restrictions are attached, don't go ballistic (pun intended) and start foaming at the mouth or sloganeering. WI RKBA advocates have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some useful concepts:

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Don't burn your bridges.
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (enough).

Give one example of how WI RKBA have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory please.

Also

Sorry... We feed politicians, they do not feed us.

I know politicians have felt it the other way around for a long time, but that has to change, and I believe that change was/is part of the current philosophy shift in the electorate

As always, it never makes sense to "froth at the mouth" no matter what the situation. When dealing with people, the best method is always with calm polite but principled logic and reason.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I will. I see him quite often out and about. I will remind him. I just used email to get the ball rolling. I will continue to harp on this until it is fixed.

Indeed.

The truth is "bombarding" politicians with emails and phone calls and such isn't necessarily the most effective means. Those things DO make a difference to let a candidate know that there is broad support for a particular item, but the most effective communication would always be to establish a working relationship with your elected representative and a good rapport.

Kedzie probably didn't even read your email, a staffer who sifts through all his stuff does.

If you get a chance to talk with him in person you'll probably have much more effective communication.

Ultimately thats what I think everyone should do. Make personal contact with your newly elected assemblyperson and senator and have a conversation.

J.Gleason

Banned
That any legislation isn't going to be taken up until well into next year. The legislature has to wrestle with the budget and other essential tasks first. I'm not saying don't contact your representatives but don't front load the effort so much that when the opportune time arrives, you are exhausted and they are irritated. You also give opponents more motivation to gin up ways to defeat legislation. If there is a friendly legislator or legislative-saavy member, follow his advice on how and when to contact members. Don't think any change is in the can. And when amendments/restrictions are attached, don't go ballistic (pun intended) and start foaming at the mouth or sloganeering. WI RKBA advocates have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Some useful concepts:

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Don't burn your bridges.
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (enough).

Nope, walker said he was going to call an emergency session. If we find the right legislator the repeal of 941.23 could be snuck in there just like the National Park restriction removal was snuck in.
I don't think Walker would even care and it would kill two birds with one stone.
Think outside the box.

J.Gleason

Banned

Why not stop in his office or knock on the door of his home. I called Al Ott at his home at 7:15AM this morning because I want someone to get on this before Jordan Austin ( The NRA Wisconsin Liaison) shoves a bill in front of Walker that includes permits and fees. I don't think that Walker would look at him and say take the permits and fees out all by himself. We need to get the repeal in before a new bill comes in.

comp45acp

Letters (snail-mail) sent to Kedzie and Nass today. I do stop up there now and then to see them and will again soon.
For anyone who has never visited the Capitol to see their legislators I highly recommend it. They are always happy to see constituents who make the effort to go up there.

hardballer

What I know is this. It is all about numbers to politicians, no matter how big a halo they claim to have hovering over their inflated egos...

The more of us that Write, Speak and Do, The more chance we have of our wishes being fulfilled. Don't leave it to the other guy. Do it yourself. I do.

If it is hard for you, ask a friend to help.

If we had a political action sticky with form letters that just need to be signed or modified or added to as we wish, that would be a great help.

Those who can do, should take a lead without being asked and set up an easy way for everyone to participate. Don't put it all on WCIs shoulders either. Let's all pitch in and help get this done. Let's help each other.

Remember, the easier it is for the membership to do a thing the more chance there is for a thing to be done.

JMHO.

Hardballer out.

oak1971

Letters (snail-mail) sent to Kedzie and Nass today. I do stop up there now and then to see them and will again soon.
For anyone who has never visited the Capitol to see their legislators I highly recommend it. They are always happy to see constituents who make the effort to go up there.

They don't like to see me. I'm one of the few republican pain in the asses in district full of complacent democrat sheepele.

apjonas

Not Likely

Nope, walker said he was going to call an emergency session. If we find the right legislator the repeal of 941.23 could be snuck in there just like the National Park restriction removal was snuck in.
I don't think Walker would even care and it would kill two birds with one stone.
Think outside the box.

Our side should not be "sneaking" anything. That's what our opponents do. Even if you don't have a philosophical aversion to sneakiness, it's practical. This wasn't the last election in WI. Majorities come and go. We will lose a battle of sneakiness. The other side is just too good. Think Jim Doyle. Trying to sneak a repeal of 941.23 would be like trying to sneak a carcass past a hyena. You would be caught and the results would be really ugly and damaging.

apjonas

Two Words

Scott McCallum

Question - are either/both of the previous carry bills acceptable? What changes would be required to get your support?

Give one example of how WI RKBA have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory please.

Also

Sorry... We feed politicians, they do not feed us.

I know politicians have felt it the other way around for a long time, but that has to change, and I believe that change was/is part of the current philosophy shift in the electorate

As always, it never makes sense to "froth at the mouth" no matter what the situation. When dealing with people, the best method is always with calm polite but principled logic and reason.

J.Gleason

Banned
Our side should not be "sneaking" anything. That's what our opponents do. Even if you don't have a philosophical aversion to sneakiness, it's practical. This wasn't the last election in WI. Majorities come and go. We will lose a battle of sneakiness. The other side is just too good. Think Jim Doyle. Trying to sneak a repeal of 941.23 would be like trying to sneak a carcass past a hyena. You would be caught and the results would be really ugly and damaging.

Like you said Not likely, that is how politics works. If you want to sit back and be passive and continue turning the other cheek until someone else comes along and does the job for you, then you will never succeed. Well I shouldn't say that literally because that is what the NRA does but I am sure you get the Idea. Problem is the NRA then expects to get all of the credit.
If sneaking the repeal in works I say go for it.The Antis would not hesitate to sneak a bill in that would take away our rights. Sometimes it is best to fight fire with fire.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Who gets appointed as chairs of the senate and assembly committees that will hold hearings on firearm bills will be very important. The chairs determine what bill gets a hearing and when. Committee chairs from Milwaukee (Taylor - Senate and Turner - Assembly) took their orders from Barrett and "admitted to a felony but not charged" Flynn and killed off the Castle Doctrine bill.

Want to get the DNR out of the firearm law writting business? Pay attention to who become heads of the DNR and administrative rule oversight committees. The DNR bureaucrats will not antagonize them.

Deek

I was going to suggest that 167.31 be brought up also for the repeal treatment, but I see it's already been mentioned. So, I'm going to throw this out there..... 167.31 AND 941.23 as a package deal. I mean, you carry your gun around and all is well until you have to get in/on your vehicle and " do the dance" of putting it in a case. I'm all for removing all the restrictions we can, but can we make this a first step?

And,if we got that thru,.... with the GFSZ nonsense in place, how would that affect CC?. Carry a case with us in case we drive or walked thru an area that we can put the gun into?. whatta pain in the arse.....

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
What about the GFSZA? Wouldn't it make sense to have that narrowed to, at the minimum, school property or just school buildings, or perhaps that getting repealed entirely, or is that asking for too much?

Also, unless WCI is willing to fund a lawsuit against this particular statute, folks without a carry or possession license in their home state cannot possess pistols in Michigan (bordering state).

protias

What about the GFSZA? Wouldn't it make sense to have that narrowed to, at the minimum, school property or just school buildings, or perhaps that getting repealed entirely, or is that asking for too much?

Also, unless WCI is willing to fund a lawsuit against this particular statute, folks without a carry or possession license in their home state cannot possess pistols in Michigan (bordering state).
http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html#

01_GFSZ_Complaint.pdf
02_GFSZ_Complaint_A1.pdf
03_GFSZ_Complaint_A2.pdf