• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the Legal definition of private property?

Master Control

after much talk about the cici's event in another thread, is there such a thing as "Private Property"

Law.com Dictionary / private property
n. land not owned by the government or dedicated to public use.

Legal Explanations.com / Private Property

n.It is a system to allocate the ownership of pieces of land to particular people,who exercise full control on it without the society or the government having any ownership or legal right unlike common property.

Kentucky Secretary of State / Private Property - land that is owned by a particular person or persons and not designated for public use.
What is Michigan's Legal Definition of "Private Property"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1Wgkh5MeE

TheQ

Let's start with dictionary.com:

pri·vate [prahy-vit]
-adjective
1. belonging to some particular person: private property.

I'd therefore put forth my definition of private property:

Land in the county register if deeds that is titled to any other entity than a government.

Let's say it's a McDonalds. McDonald's is a public place. If I own it, I can make it a non-public place by closing it or tearing down the building. I can't exercise that authority over public property unless I am in the appropriate government leadership.

malignity

Let's start with dictionary.com:

pri·vate [prahy-vit]
-adjective
1. belonging to some particular person: private property.

I'd therefore put forth my definition of private property:

Land in the county register if deeds that is titled to any other entity than a government.

Let's say it's a McDonalds. McDonald's is a public place. If I own it, I can make it a non-public place by closing it or tearing down the building. I can't exercise that authority over public property unless I am in the appropriate government leadership.

You didn't watch the video, did you?

*scratches head*

malignity

Btw, thank you for this Master Control.

This is exactly what I'm talking about... a place like McDonalds is a quasi 'sort of public, sort of private' property which is really not exactly one or the other. I guess also known as 'common property'.

This is exactly why I rest my case that I did no, or at the minimum, very little wrong in the CiCi's incident.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
You signed a piece of paper. I'd start there. Don't like what you signed? Move.[/QUOTE

I didn't sign what they ate attempting to subvert the law with.

If I could do things the way they do, I would be rich, I would get an object, sell it to a very rich man for a low price, then post a note on his door telling him that I had changed the price, and would legally bankrupt him if he refused to pay.

TheQ

Tell you all what. Next time your asked to leave -- for any reason -- just stay. We'll all be watching you as a test case to your theories.

Don't want to risk it? Afraid the courts may disagree? Risk too big?

Then shut up...

CharleyMarbles

Tell you all what. Next time your asked to leave -- for any reason -- just stay. We'll all be watching you as a test case to your theories.

Don't want to risk it? Afraid the courts may disagree? Risk too big?

Then shut up...

WOW ! ! Hey Q chill man ? No reason to get all bent about it I tend to agree everyone has to make thair own decision as to just how far they are willing to go for their rights. Hell I went around the world half of it with a rifle in my hand but to each their own. Truth be told if asked today to make that decision I would in a minuet but it sure wouldn't be as easy as it was when I was a young single kid trying to figure out what to do next:)

Coded-Dude

I think the argument is; what (if any) is the legal difference between private property and privately owned property that is open to the general public.

Coded-Dude

yes, but there are property owners and patrons who would disagree with that. I agree that any privately owned property that is open to the general public should not be allowed to deprive another of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." If you want to infringe on people's rights close your doors to the public and require membership.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

You did well at Cici's .

You could walk on water, move the moon with a shout, part the Oceans and there will still be idiots on this site telling you that you did it all wrong and they can do it better.

Remember the words to that old song "anything you can do, I can do better"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY7Hh5PzELo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfHBPusZg6E

Btw, thank you for this Master Control.

This is exactly what I'm talking about... a place like McDonalds is a quasi 'sort of public, sort of private' property which is really not exactly one or the other. I guess also known as 'common property'.

This is exactly why I rest my case that I did no, or at the minimum, very little wrong in the CiCi's incident.

Last edited:

scot623

I was asked to put my firearm in my car while returning an item at Lakeside Mall yesterday. Pretty clearly open to the public, quite clearly private property in my opinion....so I left. Didn't want criminal trespass on my record.

Bailenforcer

Watch the Judge Napolitano video he posted t is clearly not private if it is a store or public venue. Read the legal descriptions of private property they agree with the Judges statements. How many times must some be told, proven to before they finally let go of wrong headed notions? Sometimes this site gets to the point that a few here are afraid to admit error. This kind of pride is deadly, dangerous and disastrous to our rights.

Private property is owned by a natural born person and not for public use. It's really a simple concept and we don't need idiots from the Bar association to tell us what's obvious, and I will add that we should remember the 100 Lawyers from the Bar association say we have NO 2nd amendment rights that it is a right of the Militia only. Over the years I have heard a few hundred BAR Members say this. They are traitors for the most part and am betting very few would back us..

I was asked to put my firearm in my car while returning an item at Lakeside Mall yesterday. Pretty clearly open to the public, quite clearly private property in my opinion....so I left. Didn't want criminal trespass on my record.