• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maximum private message count?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
What is it? My limit all of a sudden filled up: once I received a PM on the new forum, about 1000 PMs from the old forum appeared, filling my box up.

I'd actually rather not delete any, but if I must, I'd like to know how many it must be.

And is there any chance the limit could be increased across the board, or I could be given a higher limit for being such a nice guy? :cool:

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What is it? My limit all of a sudden filled up: once I received a PM on the new forum, about 1000 PMs from the old forum appeared, filling my box up.

I'd actually rather not delete any, but if I must, I'd like to know how many it must be.

And is there any chance the limit could be increased across the board, or I could be given a higher limit for being such a nice guy? :cool:

I'm pretty sure 1K is the limit.

You could always include a small donation to help defray forum expenses with your request for special privileges.

But, who the heck goes back and hunts up info from 1K worth of messages? Its not like they're love letters. :p:)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
But, who the heck goes back and hunts up info from 1K worth of message?

LOL! I've done it on several occasions. :p

Maybe I should donate again, huh? I've lost my special "activist member" status that I cherished so dearly! Now I'm just a "campaign veteran".

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! I've done it on several occasions. :p

Maybe I should donate again, huh? I've lost my special "activist member" status that I cherished so dearly! Now I'm just a "campaign veteran".

Actually ... in our donation hierarchy, Campaign Veteran is higher than Activist Member. :)

PS. Any of the donation statuses (Activist, Veteran, Founders, Centurion, etc) now can have up to 5000 stored PMs ... because I am a nice guy and appreciate your support of the forum! :)

John

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Actually ... in our donation hierarchy, Campaign Veteran is higher than Activist Member. :)

PS. Any of the donation statuses (Activist, Veteran, Founders, Centurion, etc) now can have up to 5000 stored PMs ... because I am a nice guy and appreciate your support of the forum! :)

John

Well, gee, thanks, John!

By the way, is there a current thread regarding further donations?