• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be prepared to deal with LE at some time or another (even at Belmar)

JamesB

Depending on date and time, I might also be able to attend.
I love some good sushi. :)

There is GOOD raw fish??? wierd. Guess I'm just old fashioned, I like introducing massicated animal flesh to fire.

On to other news... If we do this next weekend July 15-17 my little brother will be here from the Virginia forum and can be counted on to attend as well.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
There is GOOD raw fish??? wierd. Guess I'm just old fashioned, I like introducing massicated animal flesh to fire.

On to other news... If we do this next weekend July 15-17 my little brother will be here from the Virginia forum and can be counted on to attend as well.

I also love to cook dead cow.

Kingfish

You really don't get much more OLD fashioned than raw fish. Sushi is actually more than just raw fish...That would be sashimi. "Sushi" actually refers to the rice. I am a HUGE fan of raw tuna. And not all the fish in sushi is raw. Eel is my favorite non-raw (it is smoked.)

On topic though - Wish I could join you guys.

RandallFlagg

I wouldn't be able to come that weekend. Working.

M-Taliesin

I wouldn't be able to come that weekend. Working.

Howdy Folks!
I'd have a problem with Saturday as I will be in Colorado Springs to help a fellow OC'er, Since9, move. He is getting the shaft from his apartment complex who won't renew his lease, won't tell him why he is being asked to surrender the property, and why he is being forced to move out. A number of us OC folks will be there to help him load the truck and move his stuff to new digs.

Meanwhile, I might could do Sunday, but would need to know soon so I can plan my schedule.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

TheLittleMan

Sunday sounds good to me but if that doesn't work the following Saturday would be fine.

Edit: Also Idk what is going on with the original poster that got harassed but it would be nice if he could meet up with us.

Last edited:

Lokster

Sorry, gents.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down to the Springs on Saturday to help since9 move. I've got a meeting on the schedule for Saturday that I'm expected to attend. Sunday is also a "no go" for me since I'll be at work. I hope it's still able to happen though! If you guys do get together be sure to post some details of the event!

TheLittleMan

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down to the Springs on Saturday to help since9 move. I've got a meeting on the schedule for Saturday that I'm expected to attend. Sunday is also a "no go" for me since I'll be at work. I hope it's still able to happen though! If you guys do get together be sure to post some details of the event!

How would Saturday the 23rd work for u? Would sure like for you to join us.

M-Taliesin

Works good for me and that way we won't be in conflict with the moving crew down south.

Good Idea.

Howdy Pardner!
Works for me too, considering I'm one of them guys on the down south moving crew.

Now if only we had a fare more appetizing than sushi, and I'd have it made.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Lokster

Update

OC.jpg

Today I decided I would go down to the Lakewood Police Dept. and speak with someone about why I haven't received a response regarding the complaint that I filed back in July. I requested to speak with Sergeant Greenwell and after waiting a few minutes he came out to speak with me. He told me that he never received the message that I left for him on his phone and acted surprised that I had not received a letter in the mail concerning the incident. He left to get me a copy of letter that was allegedly mailed. When he got back he handed me the letter and explained that the officers involved with my detainment had not done anything improper and had acted according to their training. Since the letter does not mention that one of the officers drew his weapon on me I asked him directly if it is his position that officers can draw weapons on law abiding citizens going about their business. His answer was that it is entirely permissible for an officer to do so and that it's "officer safety". That wasn't the only thing about our conversation that surprised me. He also told me that the incident occured on private property and since the officers were responding to a request by Belmar security the officers actions were warranted. After we wrapped up our conversation, which is on my audio recording device, I headed over to the Belmar security officers to speak with security first hand and find out what is private and what is public property over there. Security was clueless for the most part and gave me the name and phone number of the property manager. After I got home I tried calling the property manager, but was directed to his voicemail. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon.

Polynikes

Yeah, this needs to go a lot further. That letter was not only an unsatisfactory response to the violation of your rights, but downright condescending as well. :mad: I was fuming just reading it, and I'm not even the one involved in the incident! :p