• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belmar meet this Sunday

Lokster

Sunday is rapidly approaching so let's get a time and place nailed down for our meet. I suggest we meet around 5PM at the square just west of the movie theater next to Target. From there we can decide on a place to grab a bite to eat unless we can figure that out before Sunday. Also, it would be good to get an idea of how many of us will be able to make it. Let me know what you think.

TheLittleMan

That sounds good to me, chances are i'll have my girl with me. She wants to see that new friends with benefits movie so i figure i'll kill two bird with one stone. Of course it would be great if anyone who shows up decides to go see the movie with us. Hope we get a good amount of OCers this Sunday! :)

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I am interested in helping out, but may be out of town this coming weekend. I won't know until either this evening or tomorrow.
If I am able to attend, I'll be there. Not too sure about the movie thing, but certainly would like to turn out in support of another member.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
I too am interested, but won't know until sometime tomorrow if I can make it.
If the Wifey has to head to L.A. for business, I won't be able to make it.....otherwise I am in.

yotebuster223

Oh man I cant make it this Sunday I have to go to California deep into enemy territory San Fran East Bay completely unarmed and unable to protect my family and the anxiety is building already. Wish I could somehow monitor the radio traffic outta Lakewood but Radio Reference doesn't run a Lakewood feed anymore maybe I can change that sometime soon. Good luck guys I will be there in spirit.

Polynikes

Lakewood's about an hour drive for me, and I'm already going up and back to Denver on Saturday. I think I'm going to have to beg off this one. Good luck and have fun, guys.

Cesar A

80%

I am almost positive I will be able to make it. I have to drive to Denver to work everyday and I have to go show the boss (wife) my new job site. I will reply with more info and yes/no tomorrow. I think this is a good opportunity to show my wife other people that OC so I can finally change her mind about it and how much better it is that CCW in most instances :).

Lokster

Great, it sounds like there'll be a few of us out there tomorrow! Let's stick with 5PM over by the water fountain next to Target. Steak sounds like an excellent idea and there are a few places we can choose from over there.

skopro

hmmm...sounds interesting, especially since it's close to me. However, i haven't open carried yet out in public; camping and so forth though.
I don't know how comfortable i'd be yet.

Lokster

Howdy skopro, You're more than welcome to join up! The idea of OC was never entirely comfortable for me until I just started to do it. I remember my first time, it wasn't really that long ago actually, and boy was I anxious! I spent a lot of time reading this forum and researching the laws well before I went out, but that didn't seem to calm my nerves too much. Since then and especially since my incident with Lakewood PD my nerves have calmed, though not in expecting another Lakewood PD encounter, and at the same time confidence in myself and situational awareness have only improved. You know, there's no time like the present or 5PM tomorrow at Belmar!

Last edited:

TheLittleMan

hmmm...sounds interesting, especially since it's close to me. However, i haven't open carried yet out in public; camping and so forth though.
I don't know how comfortable i'd be yet.

I'm sure we all felt the same anxiety about OCing before our first time and even after i started i still get nervous when i see a LEO. I will say this about it though, If I had a group with me my first time out I would have been much more comfortable than I was on my own.

Just something to think about, We would certainly like to have you join us tomorrow. :)

skopro

I'll probably show up regardless of carrying. I'm still working off the holster that came with my pistol and a quite unimpressive belt. It works for camping just fine,but i don't want to give the group an unprofessional look.

M-Taliesin

I'll probably show up regardless of carrying. I'm still working off the holster that came with my pistol and a quite unimpressive belt. It works for camping just fine,but i don't want to give the group an unprofessional look.

Howdy Skopro!
LOL!!!! You ain't seen the group yet! LOL!!!

I will be there at 5pm. Ain't sure where this is, or where the fountain is, but I'll be there.
Haven't decided what I'll carry (or how) but expect to be wearing jeans, maybe a tee shirt or something a bit cripser, and an old ball cap.
If you're looking for a professional look, I ain't it.
We are pretty much just average guys who dress... well... pretty much average.

The important thing is to just relax and enjoy an afternoon with some new friends. Yeah, we'll be armed. Yeah, one of our guys had a problem there awhile back. We are going, in part, to make a statement about the way Lakewood PD reacted. The possibility exists that a confrontation could occur, as it did to another guy on this forum. I am mentally prepared for such an eventuality. If you are not yet comfortable carrying yet, you might consider coming anyway and perhaps manning a video camera. If an incident does develop, video would be terrific.

I do not expect any hassle. That being said, I am prepard if it comes. Voice recorder ready to go. Holster, pistol and other items, ready to go.

Just as an FYI, I have been open carry everywhere I go since about April. In that time, I've been to businesses all over Aurora, Colorado Springs, Brighton, and other towns along the front range. I've been to Hastings Nebraska, carried in Kansas, and never once had an issue. While travelling through Burlington Colorado, stopped to let the dog out at a local park. An LEO drove by and I waved at him, and he waved back. Clearly my pistol was visible to him, but he never looked twice. Don't allow fear to deter you in exercising your constitutional rights.

Sooner or later, you just gotta take the plunge. Why not take it while in the company of others who have done this thing awhile and able to support your desire to have means of self defense?

Whatever you decide, I hope you'll be there when we gather at the fountain.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I hate to sound like a dunce here, but where is this location anyhow?
What are the major cross streets or maybe the nearest address to where we are meeting up?
Are we meeting in the square or in the park? I am somewhat confused at this juncture.

Since time is running, somebody help me out and reply quickly!

Thanks,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

TheLittleMan

Howdy Folks!
I hate to sound like a dunce here, but where is this location anyhow?
What are the major cross streets or maybe the nearest address to where we are meeting up?
Are we meeting in the square or in the park? I am somewhat confused at this juncture.

Since time is running, somebody help me out and reply quickly!

Thanks,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Wadsworth and alameda pretty much. It's an outside mall with a big parking lot by target. then the fountain is right near there, can't miss it.

Lokster

The address for Target is:

456 S Vance St
Lakewood, CO 80226

If you find the outdoor parking lot for Target the water fountain is just a little east of their lot. It is really hard to miss. The store is new and might now show up on Google maps, but it's there and easily identifiable from just about every direction.