• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Idaho Fair

carracer

Opens at noon on the 19th! I'm sure I will be going. Not sure which day or evening. If anyone has plans or would like to make plans I welcome company! OC of course!

ecocks

I will be going on the 24th or 25th.

I'm also available for another time or two IF you give me 2-3 days notice. Friday and Saturday evenings are tough for me though.

Hey Chris, pamphlets for the restaurant!?!

ManInBlack

I definitely plan on going! I could probably do one afternoon/evening during the week and a day on the weekend.

clarkebar

A friend of mine called me today and invited me to go with him. I guess I'll be going in the evening on Saturday this weekend. Chris, Ed, ManInBlack, if any of you would like to join me, please feel free to give me a call!

carracer

Saturday Everning!

Wondering what to do after the picinic, Patti and I gave ourselves a couple of options and after driving toward a couple of different destinations ended up at the Fair. Patti was a little apprehensive about me carrying my 1911. Reasoning etc.

Didn't have to wait in line too long to get to the ticket booth. Paid our $7 and entered. There were 3 security guards ...from SAS Security checking bags, purses and the like. We walked in and toward the table so as to pass by it and the first Sec guard looks over and says "Gun in holster, ok." I smiled and gave him a wave and walked by the other 2 Sec guards into the fair. As we left the sec station there were 2 Ada County bicycle deputies. Neither gave a second glance. I smiled. Went into the Expo buildings where the exhibits are. 2 more deputies, no 2nd looks. Throughout the fair there were no panic screaming people or children! ...Except one place! (Sort of...)

In the Expo building I walked past the Democratic Party booth. 1 gentleman sitting glued his eyes on my 1911. I thought he was going to say something, but, was hurried along by Patti not wanting me to enter into a discussion with anyone from that side of the political views.

All in all a GREAT TIME AT THE FAIR!

ecocks

Same experience as Carracer at the Fair. Good step forward for the 2A.

DocWalker

Great OC evening at the FAIR 8/25/11

Well we went to the fair last night and had a great time. We also watched the Greg Morgan concert without issues; nobody panic or even gave me a second look.

The only funny thing that happened was after I bought our tickets we went through a search area were a lady asked my wife if she had any knifes or any weapons in her purse. She CC's and I usually OC as I did last night. The lady looked in her purse and told her she was good to go.....either didn't see or didn't care about the pistol.

We must have passed 100 cops and security while walking around the park and not one of them gave me a second look. I would like to give coutos and say way to be professional to all the security and police at the fair. They did a great job; well everyone other then the lady doing the purse searches....lol

The other entertainment was the 6-7 very tattooed guys that looked like gang members closely followed by three officers with the words PAROL OFFICER on the back. It was almost like parents taking their kids to the park.

OC Freedom

Open Carry at the fair on 08-22-15

My wife and I went to the fair on Saturday at opening (noon) and the lines were long. When we finally got to the entrance with tickets in hand the security guard was checking purses and bags. My wife was opening her purse when the guard waved her and me through without looking in her purse at all. I can only assume that with me open carrying my Glock on my belt at the 3 o'clock position that this was the reason for not checking her purse, and he did see my pistol right off.

We spent about three hours at the fair, security and the sheriff deputies that were patrolling did see that I was armed, but none approached or followed as I went about my business. The only real reaction was the stink eye I received from the Demoncrat booth, so I made sure to wander back by before I left the fair and say Hello to the guy behind the table. He said nothing in return and just looked the other way, well mission accomplished.:)

All in all we enjoyed our lemonade and corndogs, wandering around checking out all of the over priced goods, and seeing the displays.