• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Employment Security Commission Office. State or City Buidling?

ArmySoldier22

So I'm going to the Employment Office tomorrow for a meeting with the VA Rep, he's looking at trying to place me in a good security position. And I was wondering if the building would be considered state or city owned? I don't believe I seen any no weapons signs. I hate going anywhere without carrying, I feel naked without it. But I'd rather not walk in there with it if it's someplace I shouldn't be carrying into lol.

Mark McGuire

Was just at the one in Asheville the other day. Sign right in the middle of the front door "NO FIREARMS" with the circle and line through it.

Dreamer

ESC building in Washington is posted as well. I think they all are, and justify t because they are "State buildings"...

ArmySoldier22

From the ECS building near me. This would lead me to believe that open carry is okay. But if it's a state building, wouldn't that automatically mean that any type of carry is banned? Hmmm

1314290488-picsay.jpg

Mark McGuire

That's why the sign at mine says "NO FIREARMS", they don't care how you carry them. You will have to look up the statutes to see what they say.

Last edited:

Mark McGuire

Probably a difference in county. Even the sign at City Hall says "NO WEPONS OF ANY KIND" with the gun and knife in hashed circles. It is a state building, I think I would do my homework before I just walked in armed. Just saying.

ArmySoldier22

I completely agree. Same reason I didn't walk in this morning armed lol. I just wasn't sure if it was considered a state or city owned building. And the sign does cause a little confusion on the open carry end. Glad I just took the safe route with it though.

spiderjohn

So I'm going to the Employment Office tomorrow for a meeting with the VA Rep, he's looking at trying to place me in a good security position. And I was wondering if the building would be considered state or city owned? I don't believe I seen any no weapons signs. I hate going anywhere without carrying, I feel naked without it. But I'd rather not walk in there with it if it's someplace I shouldn't be carrying into lol.

ESC is state...i spent a year unemployed and know the places well but at the time I never paid attention to the signs. Hope you find a job soon...it was a very bad year for me when I was unemployed. I searched everyday and finally found something almost to the day I was laid off. It's a real bad feeling when Wal-Mart tells you that you are over qualified. I would have cleaned the restrooms at that point!