• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin's new Concealed carry law, not good on Tribal reservations... be careful !

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
http://shawanoleader.com/Main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&ArticleID=29435

Concealed carry law doesn't affect tribal land

Wisconsin's new concealed carry law does not apply to area tribal reservations.

The Menominee Tribal Police Department said it has received multiple inquires about the law and how it applies to the Menominee Indian Reservation.

The answer, according to Mark Waukau Sr., Menominee Tribal police chief, is the law has no effect upon reservation lands.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
http://shawanoleader.com/Main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&ArticleID=29435

Concealed carry law doesn't affect tribal land

Wisconsin's new concealed carry law does not apply to area tribal reservations.

The Menominee Tribal Police Department said it has received multiple inquires about the law and how it applies to the Menominee Indian Reservation.

The answer, according to Mark Waukau Sr., Menominee Tribal police chief, is the law has no effect upon reservation lands.

Soooo.... Did 941.23 ever have effect upon reservation lands then? I mean, maybe they've already got constitutional carry.

Vandil

Soooo.... Did 941.23 ever have effect upon reservation lands then? I mean, maybe they've already got constitutional carry.

The state does not possess civil regulatory jurisdiction on an Indian reservation. You would have to go through all 11 Constitutions to find out for certain but something tells me Native Americans are probably the last ones that would be willing to give up their guns.

amaixner

The state does not possess civil regulatory jurisdiction on an Indian reservation. You would have to go through all 11 Constitutions to find out for certain but something tells me Native Americans are probably the last ones that would be willing to give up their guns.

You might be surprised. Some (in other states) tribal lands have pretty bad gun bans on the books. They then selectively enforce them.