• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love Guns and Coffee counter Protest 2-14-12 at a Starbucks near you!

va_tazdad

Sounds like a plan

I already talked to the manager at Oxbridge and told her I would buy the regular coffees that were ordered while I was sitting there.

If a customer orders a regular coffee, she will hand it to them and inform them that they can thank supporters of the 2nd amendment for the drink.

If they want a fancy one, they can pay for it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I already talked to the manager at Oxbridge and told her I would buy the regular coffees that were ordered while I was sitting there.

If a customer orders a regular coffee, she will hand it to them and inform them that they can thank supporters of the 2nd amendment for the drink.

Very nice gesture. Let us know of their reactions and any conversations.

PS - take VCDL info with you incl. applications. :)

Steeler-gal

That's a pretty cool gesture. Be curious to hear how many drinks you end up buying. :banana:

Sent using Tapatalk

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

I have a similar plan in My starbucks.. Folks that want a button, sticker, etc.. will get it free after giving a $2 donation to the barista tip cup and I too am buying regular Tall Coffee's.

:)

Dreamer

So where would the Starbucks closest to the PRM be located? Tysons? Is it someplace I can carry? I think that driving to VA to spend my wad of $2 bills on Tuesday would make more of a point than buying coffee in Maryland while EHOCing.

I'm in Columbia, so I'm pretty much equidistant from the Tysons side and the Alexandria side. It's about a half hour drive to "cross the moat" no matter which direction I go.

It's a bit of a drive, but I am considering it...

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

So where would the Starbucks closest to the PRM be located? Tysons? Is it someplace I can carry? I think that driving to VA to spend my wad of $2 bills on Tuesday would make more of a point than buying coffee in Maryland while EHOCing.

Not sure what PRM is but you'll have best luck with the store locator link or using google maps.
http://www.starbucks.com/store-locator

Sent using Tapatalk

Keith Cromm

I hope everyone realizes that a single day (to show 'support' for Starbucks) won't exactly fit the ($2) bill.

The boycott *STARTS* on 2/14 and has no specific end date.

Thus, a frequent (weekly?) visit might be of significance, especially paying with the $2 bill.

1911 Enthusiast

Steeler-gal, PRM = People's Republic of Maryland :cry:

Also known as the State of Maryland

The nickname Free State was coined in 1864 when the Maryland Constitution took effect and, among other things, abolished slavery (free state). Unfortunately, the state's General Assembly has lost its way in more modern times with respect to constituent Second Amendment rights.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The boycott *STARTS* on 2/14 and has no specific end date.

Thus, a frequent (weekly?) visit might be of significance, especially paying with the $2 bill.

Ends when Starbucks knuckles under, rolls over, gives in, capitulates to the wishes of a small group of pathetic, fact distorting malcontents.

GLW

Non-event at Starbucks on Colley in Norfolk

I went to the Starbucks on Colley Ave in Norfolk. It was a non-event. I was OCing, and the Starbucks employee saw it quickly enough. I said that I appreciated that Starbucks follows state law concerning guns. I told him that I was putting $2 in the tip containing in recognition of the 2nd Amendment. If I understood correctly, I think that the employee was against guns, but I could be wrong. His wording was a bit cryptic.

Glenn

wylde007

Non-events Everywhere

Landstown Commons in Virginia Beach was apparently not effected by the boycott. At 0730 this morning they were doing a BRISK business and either did not notice or did not care that I was OC. Neither did anybody else. I left a "GSL" sticker on the cup-insulator dispenser and then went down the road to the BWW and made a little photo op:

CIMG2856 (2).jpg

TFred

Landstown Commons in Virginia Beach was apparently not effected by the boycott. At 0730 this morning they were doing a BRISK business and either did not notice or did not care that I was OC. Neither did anybody else. I left a "GSL" sticker on the cup-insulator dispenser and then went down the road to the BWW and made a little photo op:

View attachment 7954
I hope you didn't leave the sticker there! Defacing private property is most certainly not something that VCDL want their supporters to be doing...

TFred

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Stopped by Starbucks for my morning coffee today. I usually brew my own at work with beans from Joe Beans (a local coffee shop), but Starbucks has never given me any issue while carrying so I'm happy to drop in a little extra. :)

wylde007

I hope you didn't leave the sticker there! Defacing private property is most certainly not something that VCDL want their supporters to be doing...
Stickers remove easily and without damage to storefront plate glass, hardly qualifying as "defacing" anything.

TFred

Stickers remove easily and without damage to storefront plate glass, hardly qualifying as "defacing" anything.
I can't pull up a thread or a post, but if I recall correctly, User has opined that the ease of "fixing" has nothing to do with the fact that one alters the appearance of private property in cases like this.

I'd call a double foul for using a sticker with a VCDL.org link.

I know you don't care. I don't speak for VCDL. I just can't imagine they would want their name associated with such actions.

TFred

wylde007

Well, I "kind of" care. I just don't care enough to drive across town again today to pull it down.

I am sure someone will take offense and have it removed... or maybe I'll go by there tomorrow when I attend to business out that way again and see if it is still up, and then take it down.