• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North marysville albertsons

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I went grocery shopping at the North Marysville Albertsons today. I shop there quite frequently. I have never had any issues with OC there. When I got done paying for my stuff the manager was walking by with a till in her hand. She stopped and looked at me.

MANAGER: "I just gotta ask. Are you a cop or do you just carry that around?"
Me: "No I'm not a cop. I'm a Law abiding Citizen who carries for self defense. What would it matter if I was a cop anyways? It's perfectly legal to OC in WA."
MAN: " Well I don't feel comfortable with you carrying that in this store. Please do not come back in here with it."
ME: " Ok ma'am if that's the case then I will not be coming back in here again. You're losing a costumer who spends 100's of dollars a month here." Have a good day."

I have written to the Albertsons Costumer Service email that was on the website. I informed them that I will not be shopping there anymore until I get a reply back on what ever their solution is. I also told them that I know of others carriers who shop there that I will be informing not to shop there anymore because the manager is uncomfortable with it.

So don't shop at Albertsons. They are not OC friendly. I will let everyone know when I get a response.

acmariner99

That's too bad. I OCd at albertsons in federal way today. I got nary a glance. I'm thinking it was just a paranoid manager.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
That's too bad. I OCd at albertsons in federal way today. I got nary a glance. I'm thinking it was just a paranoid manager.

I OC in the Federal Way Albertson's often. I have OCd in the Albertsons in Vancouver, where the Kirby incident occurred. I have many friends who work at Albertsons. I would think that a follow up letter to the HQ will correct the managers attitude. Also, being a Sunday it is unlikely that this was NOT the store director, but rather a key person.

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I OC in the Federal Way Albertson's often. I have OCd in the Albertsons in Vancouver, where the Kirby incident occurred. I have many friends who work at Albertsons. I would think that a follow up letter to the HQ will correct the managers attitude. Also, being a Sunday it is unlikely that this was the store director, but rather a key person.

This is right and what I did.

Freedom1Man

I've OC's in Albertsons , Safeway, and Fred Meyers here in Monroe no problem.

The Safeway in Redmond, Winco in Federal Way, QFC on Novelty hill in Redmond.

Good job in writing the letter. I support your efforts.
I knew a guy, with 6 children, who used to shop at a safeway (either one in Maryville or Arlington) and was asked to put his gun in his car. He had 3 or 4 shopping carts full of groceries, was told that he could continue shopping after he put gun out in his car, he told the manager that if he went out the doors he was not coming back and was leaving the carts where they were now. The manager told him he didn't want him armed in the store my 'friend' left and had stopped shopping there for years. I understand they got a new manager sometime after that so he started shopping there again.

amlevin

You said "Manager". Which "level" manager was he? Seems like Albertson's has 5 or 6 levels of management in every store. Store Manager, Asst, 2nd Asst, etc. Cashier Asst Mgr, and then of course all the "Department Managers". Seems like rather than giving them any more money they just give them a title when they promote.

As for carrying in Albertsons? Whenever I go in there I OC. Mostly I prefer to shop elsewhere because of their prices.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I have never had any problems in B'ham albertsons. Does anyone have a copy of store policy??

Found this post by NavyLCDR in another thread in a forum search.

Albeartsons corporate office called me on Thursday and said their policy was to follow state law regarding firearms. So at the corporate level there is no prohibition on firearms at Albertsons.

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
You said "Manager". Which "level" manager was he? Seems like Albertson's has 5 or 6 levels of management in every store. Store Manager, Asst, 2nd Asst, etc. Cashier Asst Mgr, and then of course all the "Department Managers". Seems like rather than giving them any more money they just give them a title when they promote.

As for carrying in Albertsons? Whenever I go in there I OC. Mostly I prefer to shop elsewhere because of their prices.

Not sure what manager it was. I just saw the tag that said manager. I was to pissed off. Plus I could tell by her demeanor that I was not going to get anywhere with her. That's why I just said what I said and left.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR
Albeartsons corporate office called me on Thursday and said their policy was to follow state law regarding firearms. So at the corporate level there is no prohibition on firearms at Albertsons.

I guess the next time you are in the store you can tell her you have permission to be armed on Albertsons private property, by Albertsons Corporate policy. Cool.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
This is the email I got back from Albertsons. I will post the Store Directors comments when I receive his email.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent experience at your local Albertsons store. We value customer feedback and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We would first like to apologize for the inconvenience this negative experience caused you. We strive for continued customer satisfaction and positive shopping experiences for all of our customers. We have forwarded your comments to the Store Director for review and you should receive a response by phone or email within 24 hours. For your records, your case number regarding this matter is 1-2865245904.

Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Marie R.
Albertsons Customer Care

amlevin

This is the email I got back from Albertsons. I will post the Store Directors comments when I receive his email.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent experience at your local Albertsons store. We value customer feedback and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We would first like to apologize for the inconvenience this negative experience caused you. We strive for continued customer satisfaction and positive shopping experiences for all of our customers. We have forwarded your comments to the Store Director for review and you should receive a response by phone or email within 24 hours. For your records, your case number regarding this matter is 1-2865245904.

Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Marie R.
Albertsons Customer Care

Sounds like the typical Corporate "Non-Answer Answer".

waterfowl woody

I have not had to many issues with them. I'm thinking its the "tan" lady manager that you encountered. she always walks around that store like she is upset or has a stick in her rear. Interested in the response.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
The Store Director called me this morning. I specified I want this interaction in email, but apparently that's to hard for her. When I explained what happened she told me that she thought that in the state of WA it has to be concealed. I told her she is mistaken and informed her of the laws. So basically she told me after talking for a few minutes that Albertsons does not ban weapons, but they have to be concealed. If they are in the open, her staff has the right to ask you to leave. She's got the out of sight out of mind theory going. I asked her what's the difference? I'm following the law either way. She tried to use safety as an excuse. She said she doesn't want to loose me as a costumer, but that when I come in I put a jacket on to cover it up. I told her I would not do that, especially in this weather. Way to hot for that. She said she was going to do some research on OC in WA. I don't think she is really going to. I even offered to bring some pamplets to her. She said I could if I wanted, but would still prefer I CC. I told her that There are other OCers who shop there all the time and no one has problems with it. I even told her that I spend hundreds of dollars a month there. She didn't seem to care. I will bring her a pamplet later. Not like it it will do much though.