• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello NH - IN OC member moved to Milford

Unoid

I was a lightly active OC member in Northwest Indiana.

I recently moved to Milford. My IN LTCF allows me to carry until I get a NH drivers license and License to carry in NH.

I plan on doing a form 4 for a suppressor soon but have read that the Milford CLEO is anti-gun (how the fuu??) trust xfer time.

I take it I go to the police station in Milford and tell them I need a license to carry? Also do I need a NH drivers license first or just proof of residency (lease/deed/utility bill etc)?

Let me know if there's any good gun clubs nearby or arranged activities.

Tactical9mm

Welcome to New Hampshire.

The first thing I would recommend doing is getting your NH motor vehicle operator license. They don't give you a laminated plastic license at the DMV, but instead provide a printed on computer-paper temporary license that is good for a month.

They will mail you the laminated "permanent" license within the month time-frame, to your NH resident address.

Print, and then fill out this form:

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/documents/dssp85.pdf

How it worked for me in Manchester was I went down to the police station, submitted the form after verifying with the Officer who handled my app that it was complete. Make sure it is completed, as it can delay things for you if it is not. There is no application fee when you submit the application. All I had to do was provide my temporary NH driver license to prove that I was the individual in my pistol license application.

I provided my phone number on the app, and they called me back at day nine to come back to the station to pick up my license. At this point you will owe them the $10 fee, and they will give you a receipt for it along with your pistol license.

A trust is always the best way to go with NFA items to avoid cleo issues.

I use "the firing line" in Manchester as my indoor range.

Good luck to you, and again welcome to NH.

Rottieman33

I went to the Firing line in Manchester once and will never go again. Was not allowed to use the ammo I brought had to buy from them and they wouldn't let me take the brass with me after because I reload and Friend and I shared a lane and the charged us for 2 lanes.

Tactical9mm

Sorry to hear that. Was this recently, or awhile ago?

I've never had an issue bringing my own factory 9mm ammo to shoot in my own pistols (usually Walmart 115-grain FMJ plinking rounds). Did you bring factory or reloaded ammo? They might have a policy against using reloaded ammo on the range. Additionally, if you rent their weapons you have to use their ammo.

http://www.gunsnh.com/faq.php

(item #5)

The lane billing thing is spelled out here:

http://www.gunsnh.com/pricelists.php

I've been looking around for other indoor ranges in NH, but haven't come across any so far. I'd even consider a range in Vermont.

Which range are you using?

Rottieman33

this happend last year. I brought my own reloads and own guns. If I buy the bullets the brass is mine not letting me have it was stealing from me. I belong to Major Waldrons gun club in Barrington, NH now they have indoor and out door range the out door range is fully covered.100,200,300 yard rifle range plus skeet and trap ranges.

http://www.majorwaldron.com/

Last edited:

rouxgaroux

Welcome. I lived in Milford for many years until recently.

To get you up to speed, to get your NH ccw grab, obtain your NH D.L. first. Once you have that, print a copy of the NH resident Pistol Permit app and fill it out. Heres a link to make life that much easier. http://www.milford.nh.gov/sites/milford.nh.gov/files/Pistol Permit Application.pdf

Once you have your NH drivers license, and that form is filled out, go to the PD and drop it off with the nice lady at the front desk. It'll cost you 10 dollars, cash is easiest. In the next 2 weeks, you'll get a call your permit is ready and you will go pick it up. Its that easy, no interviews, classes, or other B.S.

As for the town, with Freddy Douglas as the chief they were very easy to deal with. I never heard of anyone having trouble getting a permit or class III goodies. They were always very friendly to me when dealing with my own pistol permit, in fact its never taken more than 24 hrs for anyone I know in town to get the call. Now I say this past tense because in the last month Douglas has retired and been replaced with a new chief fresh in from Florida, and I cannot speak on how he is going to be about handling permits and class III stuff since I have moved out of town.

As for OC you won't have any problems in town, quite a few locals open carry daily and people are used to it.

For a club, the Purgatory Falls club in Mont Vernon is a pretty nice and well maintained outdoor range, they do a lot of silhouette and trap shooting. Its open shot gun on either Saturday or Sunday mornings if you want to go up and meet some folks. There is also Pinnacle Mountain over in Lyndeboro, I never visited but knew a few members who really enjoyed the facilities. The only club I will recommend avoiding is the Nashua Fish and Game club unless you enjoy the company of FUDDS and range politics.
Welcome to NH, enjoy our state!

Last edited:

doobie

You need nothing but the ability to own a firearm and a firearm to OC in New Hampshire. You can print a copy of the license form from the NH.gov website and bring it in. You drop the form off and they will call or you drop in 10 days later and it'll be ready. Pay when you pick up the license. If denied, immediately find a lawyer. Or if they take took long call up a lawyer they are in violation of state law if they take more than I believe 10 days (the law doesn't state if it is business days or not).

nhsig220

You need nothing but the ability to own a firearm and a firearm to OC in New Hampshire. You can print a copy of the license form from the NH.gov website and bring it in. You drop the form off and they will call or you drop in 10 days later and it'll be ready. Pay when you pick up the license. If denied, immediately find a lawyer. Or if they take took long call up a lawyer they are in violation of state law if they take more than I believe 10 days (the law doesn't state if it is business days or not).

The RSA reads 14 days

ScottNH

Filed it on friday, got my license on monday. Flimsy piece of paper. Wish it was ID card sized in order to laminate.

Photocopy, reduce, laminate, and stick it in your wallet. On the plus side, I've never taken mine out in the 12 years or so I've had a P&RL.

doobie

Filed it on friday, got my license on monday. Flimsy piece of paper. Wish it was ID card sized in order to laminate.

I ran my first one through the wash a few times and it dissolved. Was never a problem....