• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Have A Question ...

Outdoorsman1

I have volunteered to dispence beer at a local (Kenosha) weekend festival (Barbeque Grill Cookoff) It looks to be a large event with a lot of people attending.

I will obviously check with the person in charge of the beer tent and also check for posted signs in the area of the festival but if there are none I am wondering the legality of serving beer while armed....??? I would be carrying my Glock 27 open on my hip (and probably my Taurus TCP in a ankle holster for my BUG)....

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments from those that are more knowledgable than I am on the law regarding my question....

Thanks...

Outdoorsman1

Law abider

Nothing in the law prohibits you from serving alcohol while armed.

yeah, but... you know very well that if anything should happen, leos can use their authority/position etc... to do away with your gun. As MKE said in another post about the guy who lost his gun even though it was in the trunk. My whole feeling about citizens being armed is that the legal system is ready to pounce on you by making something out of nothing. I realize might doesn't make right. Carry your gun but remember that the system can do whatever it wants to, untill you get a lawyer, a good one who specializes in CC law.
Now I plan to buy good insurance just for CC so if I can get bail money and a GOOD LAWYER. Cost. about $250 a year. My friendship with my sheriff or my leo friend means nothing when it comes to me discharging the gun under the right circumstances.

E6chevron

I have volunteered to dispence beer at a local (Kenosha) weekend festival (Barbeque Grill Cookoff) It looks to be a large event with a lot of people attending.

I will obviously check with the person in charge of the beer tent and also check for posted signs in the area of the festival but if there are none I am wondering the legality of serving beer while armed....??? I would be carrying my Glock 27 open on my hip (and probably my Taurus TCP in a ankle holster for my BUG)....

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments from those that are more knowledgable than I am on the law regarding my question....

Thanks...

Outdoorsman1

If the event has a Class A or B license/permit for dispensing alcoholic beverages, Wisconsin statute 941.237 "Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages may be sold and consumed" could be involved.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/941/III/237

Having a CCL (and not drinking alcohol) is one exception to this statute (941.237(3)(cx), also if you are authorized as an employee or agent, to possess a handgun by the manager, 941.237(3)(d), also if the person in charge authorizes the possession or use of a handgun for a special event of limited duration 941.237(3)(g)

Be especially cautious about retention of your handgun in its holster, you don't need somebody with an alcohol induced sense of humor, grabbing and fooling around with your firearm.

Good luck, be safe.

Last edited:

MKEgal

E6chevron said:
Be especially cautious about retention of your handgun in its holster, you don't need somebody with an alcohol induced sense of humor, grabbing and fooling around with your firearm.
What he said.
I think that would be a good situation to conceal, esp. since that way nobody could try to tell you no.

bspiller

I agree. I would keep it concealed. You don't need random drunks freaking out that you have a gun and calling the police.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2