• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you guys think about Rave Motion Pictures (cinemas)?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
* Their website has no posted rules.

* The location i've been to has no posted prohibitions.

* The security guards OC, so firearms are already present to the consternation of any hoplophobes.

* A google search for "rave motion pictures weapons OR firearms OR guns" returns no relevant results.

* A forum post by what seems to be a customer discussing the rules he read off the back of his ticket(?) makes no mention of any rules regarding weapons. Disorderly conduct of every sort is prohibited (yay!), but nothing more.

So, has anybody tried it out? I've tempted to myself, although I'm reluctant to plan any trips to the cinema with friends around it, in the event I am not allowed to watch the movie.

Perhaps, in light of many big-box cinemas' reluctance to encourage an environment safe for the law-abiding rather than the criminal, Northern Virginians might consider a group movie-going adventure? Or are we too old for that kind of thing? :p

Last edited:

hgreen

Digging up an old thread to see if anyone has had recent experience at Rave Cinemas Fairfax...

Trying to find a nearby theater showing 2016 that is not a VDZ. Don't really want to drive out there and find a no-guns sign or be turned away when there are not viable alternatives to take my business to near-by.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Digging up an old thread to see if anyone has had recent experience at Rave Cinemas Fairfax...

Trying to find a nearby theater showing 2016 that is not a VDZ. Don't really want to drive out there and find a no-guns sign or be turned away when there are not viable alternatives to take my business to near-by.

Use a new device ... a telephone ... to find out

hgreen

Use a new device ... a telephone ... to find out

Not sure if you are new, but most folks who OC do NOT call and ask as it opens up for BAD policy decisions. If they have no policy either way that is better than asking and having them create a policy since they didn't have one. Much better to go off others' EXPERIENCE.

Marco

* Their website has no posted rules.

* The location i've been to has no posted prohibitions.

* The security guards OC, so firearms are already present to the consternation of any hoplophobes.

* A google search for "rave motion pictures weapons OR firearms OR guns" returns no relevant results.

* A forum post by what seems to be a customer discussing the rules he read off the back of his ticket(?) makes no mention of any rules regarding weapons. Disorderly conduct of every sort is prohibited (yay!), but nothing more.

So, has anybody tried it out? I've tempted to myself, although I'm reluctant to plan any trips to the cinema with friends around it, in the event I am not allowed to watch the movie.

Perhaps, in light of many big-box cinemas' reluctance to encourage an environment safe for the law-abiding rather than the criminal, Northern Virginians might consider a group movie-going adventure? Or are we too old for that kind of thing? :p

Why not just go to the movies by yourself, someone has to be the test case. You can report back and let us know how it went.
When I lived in NoVA I took my kids to the movies on occasion (Centreville/Manassas) and never had an issue. I learned later that both theaters were posted (hidden on the bottom of a window no where near the entrance door) but no one ever asked me to leave.

crazydude6030

I have opened and conceled at this one. So far no one has said anything to me and i have yet to see a gun buster sign there.

Fairfax Corner 14 + Xtreme
11900 Palace Way Fairfax, VA 22030
(703) 378-6550

Did i mention the movies are 5 bucks before noon?

hgreen

I have opened and conceled at this one. So far no one has said anything to me and i have yet to see a gun buster sign there.

Fairfax Corner 14 + Xtreme
11900 Palace Way Fairfax, VA 22030
(703) 378-6550

Did i mention the movies are 5 bucks before noon?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll plan on going to see 2016 there tomorrow evening, should be $5 tickets all day on Wednesdays according to their website.