• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My New AK (Pic's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sig229

Just bought a new AK.
Its a Polish AKMS in 7.62x39mm with the underfolder stock.

Yes, it was built by Century, but believe it or not its better made than my Romanian ROMAK and its even more accurate.
The receiver is made by NODAK Spud and seems well made.
My only complaint is the barrel isnt chrome lined. But I can always have a chrome lined barrel put on it later
It also had a US Made TAPCO trigger installed that is very crisp and doesnt have any of that horrible trigger slap that so many of the Romanian AK's had.

Its surprisingly accurate for an AK too.

I got it new for $570 plus the shop had a deal that you can get a 75 round drum for only $50 when you buy the gun.

Here are some pic's:

AK_Underfolder_1.jpg

AK_Underfolder_2_Drum.jpg

AK_Underfolder_3.jpg

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Ill raise you....

Thats my AK with a side folding stock, reflex sight, laser and bright flash.. on the bottom.
And.. my AK Drako, laying on top.
And.. 5 48 rnd mags, 2 40 rnd mags and 24 30 rnd mags,,, 1040 rnds of sweetness.

BTW!!! nice choice, Ive often wished that I had the underfolder my self.
Please tell me its over all length, folded??

001-14.jpg

Last edited:

Gil223

As Long As We're Playing Long-Gun Show and Tell...

Here's my IO AK 7.62x39...

My SKS Bullpup 7.62x39...

My Hi-Point 995TS, in 9X19 (I have so many 9mm semiauto handguns, that I needed a carbine to go along with them).
Hi_Point 995TS.jpg

And I'll raise you a 27-year old Mossberg 500 12ga Top-Folding Riot Gun...
Mossberg500 Riot.jpg

And, yes - I did inadvertently cut the muzzle brake off my AK in the photo. Shoulda used my tripod!

I have no idea HOW the "Attached Thumbnails" became asttached, and I can't find a place to make them go away... sorry 'bout that. Pax...

P.S. Question - how did everybody else get full-size photos posted? I haven't figured that operation out yet.

Attachments

• IO AK-47 RS.jpg
    IO AK-47 RS.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 303
  • SKS Bullpup.jpg
    SKS Bullpup.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

Gil223

Any thoughts on the Beretta Cx4 Storm in 9mm?

Sorry, but I have no personal experience with the Cx4 carbine. The gun shop up the road has one as a rental though, and I was in in there one day when a renter was having feed problems - it was making the assistant mgr very frustrated. I left after they went through about 4 unsuccessful mag swaps. Other than that, all I know about them is they sell for almost 3X what the Hi-Point 995ST does, and it's effective range isn't an inch further. :) Pax...

EMNofSeattle

Well I can do you all one better!

I have a cool high powered assault weapon too!

This particular rifle fires high powered bullets, probably cut through body armor without trouble

It has an evil detachable magazine carrying 10 rounds, an evil supported barrel, evil bayonet lug

It was used by a powerful world MILITARY by soldiers, and to paraphrase obama "doesn't belong on the streets of our cities"

Since the 1980s it's been used by afghan guerillas and now TALIBAN terrorists. It's unique design features give it superior rate of fire to similar weapons in it's league, in the 1980s Soviet Soldiers armed with weapons like those owned by Bob and the OP were massacred at long distance by this high powered assault weapon.

Of course I'm talking about.......................................................................................................................................................................

The Enfield SMLE!
100_2365.jpg100_2364.jpg

Attachments

• 100_2366.jpg
    100_2366.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 101

Steveboos

Good Looking Guns posted so far. There is just something about that sound from the AK that gets you going. When you can feel the ground vibrate from the round, you know it's good.

I don't have any Semi-Auto Rifles yet, so i can't add to the picture fest, but good stuff so far!

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Any thoughts on the Beretta Cx4 Storm in 9mm?
this ^ post does not belong here...

If we are going to go off topic,,, ask questions and show other guns and make claims of supperiority,,, then I will too!

Soooo these are for you,,, emnofseattle

001-9.jpg

this 8mm mauser will kick your smle's as$

so will these M1 garand's

018.jpg

Last edited:

reillo584

In the market for my first AK !!!

Doing some research for a good AK so any advice will be appreciated... What about those I.O. inc SPORTER (Polish)rifle? I found one in a local shop for around $600 dollars... You guys think is a good deal ??? So far I have heard both ways...some say they are garbage, some say they are good. :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.