• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ND with an Injury at Bend McDonalds

sharkey

I'm going off topic here but this is one thing that concerns me with the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

I want manufacturers to be immune from tort suits holding them accountable for stupid people but I also want them to be held responsible for design flaws. No gun should go off by being dropped. It's the reason I won't allow my wife to carry one in the chamber on her **** jiminez arms 380 even though we always carry hot with the glock.

notalawyer

I'm going off topic here but this is one thing that concerns me with the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

I want manufacturers to be immune from tort suits holding them accountable for stupid people but I also want them to be held responsible for design flaws. No gun should go off by being dropped. It's the reason I won't allow my wife to carry one in the chamber on her **** jiminez arms 380 even though we always carry hot with the glock.

1st question: Why does you wife carry a piece of crap Jiminez in the first place?

2nd question: Has Jiminez ever stated that their pieces of crap are designed to be drop safe?

Last edited:

carracer

1st question: Why does you wife carry a piece of crap Jiminez in the first place?

2nd question: Has Jiminez ever stated that their pieces of crap are designed to be drop safe?

I will gladly send some funds to help with the purchase of a safe firearm for her. Get rid of that Jiminez. I would never let my wife carry such. I suggest you let her carry the glock and you the Jiminez.

I certainly hope she looses her conceal permit, if she even has one!

Last edited:

sharkey

Wow, hoping she would lose her permit? I don't know what those are but it sounds rude.

She likes the jiminez and is a damn straight shot with it. It FTE's almost every shot for me and never for her.

She hates my Glock, says it hurts to wear it. Funds are tight so if you're truly willing to chip in for a hi point or other super compact gun of your choosing I'm all in, but seriously did you wish bad mojo on her?

Last edited:

sharkey

1) She likes it. She hates XD's and Glocks and other "big" guns. (I think my Glock is small but she says it's very uncomfortable to wear).
2) Not that I'm aware. It's obvious from the design it's not drop safe, which again is why she carries it unchambered.

ecocks

Wow, hoping she would lose her permit? I don't know what those are but it sounds rude.

She likes the jiminez and is a damn straight shot with it. It FTE's almost every shot for me and never for her.

She hates my Glock, says it hurts to wear it. Funds are tight so if you're truly willing to chip in for a hi point or other super compact gun of your choosing I'm all in, but seriously did you wish bad mojo on her?

If she's happy with it, works out on the range in safety and is confident in her selection then it's her decision to trust her life to it, not ours.

Re: Lose her permit

Phrasing and context. He means the woman in the Negligent discharge incident.

flb_78

I know I shouldn't, but Im going to make an assumption.

I assume that she had a North American Arms 22 revolver.

They will go off if dropped on the hammer IF the hammer is not in the half cocked position. When the hammer is in the half cocked position, it cannot be fired from dropping or by pulling the trigger.

sharkey

If she's happy with it, works out on the range in safety and is confident in her selection then it's her decision to trust her life to it, not ours.

Re: Lose her permit

Phrasing and context. He means the woman in the Negligent discharge incident.

Oh duh. Thanks ecocks.

Usually my comprehension skills are pretty good but I failed to realize that carracer was putting this train back on it's tracks.

ETA, on a side note, I see the Jiminez 380 did pass drop tests in CA. Funny how Mr. Jiminez accidentally said his slide was from the same manure when he meant manufacturer. LOL

www.calgunlaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/prar-part-4.pdf

Last edited:

carracer

I will gladly send some funds to help with the purchase of a safe firearm for her. Get rid of that Jiminez. I would never let my wife carry such. I suggest you let her carry the glock and you the Jiminez.

I certainly hope she looses her conceal permit, if she even has one!

Opps!!!

My appologies here! I certainly meant the woman in Bend.

My offer still stands to help you with a different firearm tho.