• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Andy Griffith might have been right...

sharkey

Sad.

Officers just say "I thought I saw a gun" and "I feared for my life" and get away with murder.

FUQ

But when the smoky haze -- caused by rapid fire of nearly 140 bullets in less than 30 seconds -- dissipated, it soon became clear that more than a dozen officers had been firing at one another across a middle school parking lot in East Cleveland.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sad.

Officers just say "I thought I saw a gun" and "I feared for my life" and get away with murder.

FUQ

Odds are that will not be happening in this case.

It remains to be seen how far and how deep the disciplining goes. From the AG's report it looks like shift supervisors are going to be included.

Although perhaps not a perfect example of a fuster-cluck, this will do. The saying is "Hours of boredom interspersed with seconds of excitement." Nothing in there about minutes of carnival rides for everybody.

stay safe.

OC for ME

The real issue.

Follmer (The head union-thug) also criticized the city's administration and its investigation into the Nov. 29 incident, saying he was "disappointed by the premature judgment of the panel to appease the public without knowing the facts." Follmer said officers involved in the incident have been told they will be suspended, demoted or will lose their jobs.

"We have officers right now second-guessing because they don't believe they're being supported by this administration," he said.
A sternly worded post-it note in a cop personnel record.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland_police_union_preside.html

carolina guy

From: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland_police_union_preside.html
Just days after the shooting, Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association President Jeffery Follmer criticized McGrath for commenting on the situation and defended the actions of the officers involved.

"I don't understand where the bad guys aren't still bad, and now it's the police officers," Follmer said during a news conference on Dec. 1.

"The officers involved are experienced and professional police officers," Follmer said. "For anyone who was not there to judge them without knowing all the facts, or to blame anyone else but the two occupants of that car for their own death, is ignorant and self serving.

"Our officers did a great job."

The police officers BECOME "the bad guys" when they stop following the law and department regulations. Period.

Freedom1Man