• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cobra CA380 VS Hi-Point 380

FreeInAZ

Well - I took a younger shooter out today. Let him shoot all my fancy guns.? Then we get to the HI-POINT 45 & 45 Carbine. Guess what ? Did the sticky note drill with him with the pistol & he outshot me (little ba$tard)! It was his 2nd time at a gun range & his first time ever shooting 45's - nothing worse than being outshot with your own gun! :p

Jamesm760

Well - I took a younger shooter out today. Let him shoot all my fancy guns.? Then we get to the HI-POINT 45 & 45 Carbine. Guess what ? Did the sticky note drill with him with the pistol & he outshot me (little ba$tard)! It was his 2nd time at a gun range & his first time ever shooting 45's - nothing worse than being outshot with your own gun! :p

you want to talk about little ba$tards? I took my 16 year old brother to the range.... His first time ever handling a firearm.... He outshot me with my own Glock 23. :cry:

He only did that with the first mag... after that he started performing more appropriately.

FreeInAZ

300+ ..... $199 more and you can get a new glock PFFFT!

Uh....not in today's whacky market - now closer to $600 if you can find them, usually online. They go from $550 + then add $35 shipping / Then $35 FFL fee = $620 + tax (if it shipped from a FFL in your home state).

Madness! ETA - just to make you feel worse (me too) Glock's unit cost is approx $75 per pistol. They have not raised their prices with their distributor's. This is gouging plain & simple...

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Jeff Quinn over at gunblast.com summed it up pretty good. He said remember those who gouged during this time and don't do business with them (ever again). Those who kept prices fair, reward with your business from now on. I suspect when this all settles down, we will see a lot of the shysters gone from the gun business. That suits me just fine. Stopped at a few dealers locally the other day - one wanted $305 for a new hi-point 45! The other $299! They will never see my face or the wad of bills on my pocket again. Was looking for ammo (45acp) - one had it (american eagle 230gr ball) for $47.99 for a box of 50! Fu** him & the pygmy pony he rode in on!

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Uh....not in today's whacky market - now closer to $600 if you can find them, usually online. They go from $550 + then add $35 shipping / Then $35 FFL fee = $620 + tax (if it shipped from a FFL in your home state).

Madness! ETA - just to make you feel worse (me too) Glock's unit cost is approx $75 per pistol. They have not raised their prices with their distributor's. This is gouging plain & simple...

I remember I used to walk into walmarts and see every single shelf in the ammo case was stocked.... where the heck is a time machine when you need one.... I can only hope it will take months, not years, to get things back they once were.....

Jamesm760

Jeff Quinn over at gunblast.com summed it up pretty good. He said remember those who gouged during this time and don't do business with them (ever again). Those who kept prices fair, reward with your business from now on. I suspect when this all settles down, we will see a lot of the shysters gone from the gun business. That suits me just fine. Stopped at a few dealers locally the other day - one wanted $305 for a new hi-point 45! The other $299! They will never see my face or the wad of bills on my pocket again. Was looking for ammo (45acp) - one had it (american eagle 230gr ball) for $47.99 for a box of 50! Fu** him & the pygmy pony he rode in on!

Quick story... I walk into walmart, I see ammo, I buy what I need and leave the rest for people that might need it more than me(even though i want to buy it all!). One day, I go into walmart, I see a young man standing near the case. I am looking for 380... I see about 8 boxes of 40SW 100rnd whitebox... thats my primary carry... so 40SW i can make use of, but i left it there since I already have 500 rounds of 40 at home. Well, when I was walking up to the case, the guy that was already there asks, "hey what are you looking for", (there was a box of the 555rnds for 22LR, I know thats what he wants because there was plenty of 40sw there so he wouldn't be asking that stupid question.) I say i want that one right there (point the the 555 box) he says "oh no im getting that one" I say "I'll play you paper rock scissors for them" I then ask what he owned... He says "oh, i dont own a firearm, I don't even shoot. I just sell the ammo online for 3 times as much."

Since then I arranged on a facebook group for NC state firearm trades/sales, that I will buy all the ammo that I can (whenever available at walmart) and post it on there, and only ask what I payed for it. everyone on there seems to appreciate it :D

Last edited:

MainelyGlock

Dunno man, there's still some decent sellers/deals out there. I recently got my FDE Gen 3 Glock 22 for $500. Not bad. Trying to find a G26 or 27 for less than $700 now which is ridiculously hard.

Amen to that. I've never been a fan of CTD, but they really surprised me with how much they jacked up their prices. I understand some local stores and businesses needing to a little bit, but not larger chain stores. CDNN doubled the prices of their mags, and will no longer be receiving my business. Cabelas has been surprisingly good, and Wal-Mart has stayed the same.

jsharp72

Dunno man, there's still some decent sellers/deals out there. I recently got my FDE Gen 3 Glock 22 for $500. Not bad. Trying to find a G26 or 27 for less than $700 now which is ridiculously hard.

Amen to that. I've never been a fan of CTD, but they really surprised me with how much they jacked up their prices. I understand some local stores and businesses needing to a little bit, but not larger chain stores. CDNN doubled the prices of their mags, and will no longer be receiving my business. Cabelas has been surprisingly good, and Wal-Mart has stayed the same.

Back about 3 months ago, I bought a new G26 from a small gun shop local to me for $475.00. He also sold me 100 rd. of ammo and my total price was $501.00. This guy has the cheapest prices on guns and ammo than anyone I have seen remotely close to me. I can get 50 rd box of 9MM for $13.00 when he has it, and I buy what ever he will sell me.

MainelyGlock

Back about 3 months ago, I bought a new G26 from a small gun shop local to me for $475.00. He also sold me 100 rd. of ammo and my total price was $501.00. This guy has the cheapest prices on guns and ammo than anyone I have seen remotely close to me. I can get 50 rd box of 9MM for $13.00 when he has it, and I buy what ever he will sell me.

That's awesome! Not gonna lie, I'm jealous. Up here in Maine, everything is gone. I've heard from people across the country that ammo and gun prices are starting to return to normal, but not here. I've always thought better of the people here, but everyone is trying to sell 500-round bricks of .22LR for $80 on Uncle Henry's, and that's messed up. Not to mention the $350 CF380s haha.