• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrier Arrested TWICE

HandyHamlet

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
From Nic, WCInc and Well Armed Radio, an open carrier has been arrested twice last week in the great city of Madistan. The first time for 2 hrs. And they stole his ammo. Then again on Sat. Nic starts the show with this news. Apparently Well Armed Radio has an update for
this weekend.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wellarmedradio/2013/08/12/well-armed-radio--sunday-august-11-new-time

Later we've learned that the ammo was found in the car trunk. Well, that indicates a search of the trunk.... for what?

MKEgal

Chief Wray just can't seem to keep his officers in line, or properly trained, or however they're going to spin this one. This should be interesting to see develop.
(Actually, no, they can't argue training or "I didn't know better", thanks to the previous lawsuits. So hopefully this will hit the officers, not so much the department.)

kurt555gs

I have a whole pocket full of non resident carry permits so the in the car thing shouldn't be a problem. However I prefer to open carry where legal. Do I really have to worry when I stray North of the Cheese Curtain?

Soylent Green is made out of people.

oliverclotheshoff

Well I can tell you I OC everywhere, almost all the time. A few instances I CC but have never had an issue with authorities. I have even had a couple of head nods from a few cops (portage police)

MKEgal

kurt555gs said:
I have a whole pocket full of non resident carry permits so the in the car thing shouldn't be a problem.
However I prefer to open carry where legal. Do I really have to worry when I stray North of the Cheese Curtain?
Not in most places.
Despite the laws, and the best efforts at education from Wisconsin Carry, the PDs in Milwaukee & Madison (Madistan) still have problems from time to time. But I believe that even they would understand that if you have a permit / license they shouldn't bother you for OC.

There's a sticky talking about what you need to know when you OC in WI.
Much of it is general, useful anywhere. Some points you to specific WI laws, which may be helpful if you get an untrained or poorly trained officer objecting to your OC.

protias

Why can't Chief Nob keep his officers in line? I guess they really don't want to respect the law as it is written.