• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

T

>The_Liberal<

Thank you again for all your patience and responses.

To answer questions directed at me:

MKEgal said:
Do you really think he'll stand there & wait to attack you further until police arrive?
Well, no. It doesn't seem necessary to use a lethal weapon either.

MKEgal,
To respond to your suggestion: "Join us & raise the topic." as a response to my question "Could I convince you to talk about that warren vs DC things right around 2pm?"

Please understand if I'm going to try to avoid connecting myself to this forum account. It makes me nervous enough just thinking about going to this meet and greet. The thing is look at all the hostility I got just on the forums. Most of the names I've been called are from you the one who seems to have been arrested on a weapons charge. Not to test your patience. Please understand if I'm not comfortable talking to you in person. I would still appreciate it if you would talk about this Warren vs. DC thing.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

MKEgal,
To respond to your suggestion: "Join us & raise the topic." as a response to my question "Could I convince you to talk about that warren vs DC things right around 2pm?"

Please understand if I'm going to try to avoid connecting myself to this forum account. It makes me nervous enough just thinking about going to this meet and greet. The thing is look at all the hostility I got just on the forums. Most of the names I've been called are from you the one who seems to have been arrested on a weapons charge. Not to test your patience. Please understand if I'm not comfortable talking to you in person. I would still appreciate it if you would talk about this Warren vs. DC thing.

Your projection and your irrational fear about MKEgal and her "weapons charge" is telling. The wrongful, ILLEGAL, arrest of a citizen should have you more concerned with their abuse of power; not the innocent gun owner who was victimized. If the managegment and staff of this Starbucks are "comfortable" with a specific group of customers, why wouldn't any other rational person be?

Phillip

MKEgal,

If you do happen to go this meet and greet take some sort of recording device. Certain people that will be in attendance will have various types of recording devices as per previous posts on this forum, tit for tat.

I have several devices I will be utilizing. MMMM, good coffee in Delavan.:D and grazing.

Last edited:
T

>The_Liberal<

Well, it was certainly interesting to see all of you. Again please understand if I didn't bring up any topics.

MKEgal, I completely had the wrong idea about you. I kinda thought I was going to see a mexican gang member named "Miguel" trying to recriut gun owners. I can see now I was completely wrong. It certainly wasn't fair of me to characterize you for that arrest. Would you please accept my sincere apology for that?

I wish I could hear more about the whole Warren vs. DC thing. How does it make you all feel? Is it the only reason you don't trust the police?

E6chevron

...Is it the only reason you don't trust the police?

Let me explain it this way...

I have the best tires I can afford on my vehicle, I go fast, pull heavy loads, and drive in lonely country sometimes in bad weather. I trust my tires, but I know they can STILL let me down, maybe without warning. That's why I always carry a good spare, and hope I don't need it.

Plankton

Well, it was certainly interesting to see all of you. Again please understand if I didn't bring up any topics.

MKEgal, I completely had the wrong idea about you. I kinda thought I was going to see a mexican gang member named "Miguel" trying to recriut gun owners. I can see now I was completely wrong. It certainly wasn't fair of me to characterize you for that arrest. Would you please accept my sincere apology for that?

I wish I could hear more about the whole Warren vs. DC thing. How does it make you all feel? Is it the only reason you don't trust the police?

I trust police; the ones that operate within the confines of their legal authority. I don't trust ANYONE who operates outside of the law; including police. It's that simple. Pro law-biding. Anti-criminal.

Phillip

Luv law enforcement. I got ya figured now. Yin and Yang all the way. Two ipeaz is not hard.:idea:

MKEgal

>The_Liberal< said:
I wish I could hear more about the whole Warren vs. DC thing.
How does it make you all feel? Is it the only reason you don't trust the police?
No, that's the reason we know not to rely on the police as our only means of protection.
Warren v. DC merely showed that we cannot rely on the police for protection, nor on the courts to hold them accountable when they say they'll protect us but don't.

And sometimes they're ordered not to help, as in this Seattle case.
Kime was killed as groups of young men roamed through the party crowd, attacking people at random with skateboards and brass knuckles.
Police, vastly outnumbered, stood along the perimeter of the crowd and watched as the wounded pleaded for help. Police commanders ordered officers to stand by, fearing any move would only incite the crowd further and endanger the officers.
BTW, the city ended up paying the victim's family something like $17,000,000.

Then there's outright police misconduct such as officer Harless, or heck, just google [wrongful shooting by police], or [testilying definition].

The good officers look no different than the bad, dangerous, criminal ones.

:idea: Hey, could someone tag Grape & ask again that this whole series of side discussions be moved to its own thread so it's not cluttering the meeting thread? :question:

Last edited:
T

>The_Liberal<

Referring to the now locked thread:

Grapeshot said:
Did you bring your own box of misdirection and twisted logic with you?
I think what I'm saying is certainly logical, and not refuted by gunfacts.

Grapeshot said:
One, we do not LEO bash, nor allow extended or concentrated efforts to find fault with LEA/LEO.
I think it would be a stretch to call anything I've posted LEO bashing. I'm more trying to convince everyone to use the protection LEOs offer. I recognize that Anti-Law Enforcement posts are a violation of the forum rules. My previous post referred to a post by MKEgal that I was trying to argue that was in fact a reason not to carry a gun.

Grapeshot said:
Suggest you read and master Gun Facts (http://www.gunfacts.info/) and familiarize yourself with it if you are to be well received here.
I've heard of this. I certainly will. Although I doubt I'll be well received. I don't see anything in the carrying section of their PDF that tries to show how the individual decision to carry a loaded gun makes someone safer.

Law abider said:
This is a common nonsense full of logical fallacies that I hear from my well educated scientific colleagues. The want a sanitized society.
I would like to know what logical fallacies I've posted. What do you mean by "sanitized society?"

MKEgal

Sun. 01SEP is tomorrow

Next get-together is tomorrow afternoon.
And Paul says their fair is citizen-friendly, so if the weahter holds off maybe some people will decide to wander the fair.

Carryon

Will see if make it to STBX Sunday.

Was at fair Friday night, OC'd.

Walked into county sheriff tent, no problem. No problem anywhere. No problem last year.

Caught good concert, Oak Ridge Boys, attendance was down with severe storm end of afternoon.

MKEgal

SBX has caved to anti-gunners

This has a picture of the corporate memo.
We are officially no longer welcome, though associates are not to enforce the policy unless someone gets rowdy.

So... shall we set up a recurring meet at the welcoming coffee shop I was arrested at?

ETA:
The memo is real.
http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz/1268

"I am writing today with a respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas."

The stock closed at 76.04 on the 17th, before this really hit the media (social media, that is).
Let's see what it does in the next day, week, month.

ETA2:
instead of hijacking this thread, please come join us on the thread dedicated to SBX's new policy here

Last edited:

protias

This has a picture of the corporate memo.
We are officially no longer welcome, though associates are not to enforce the policy unless someone gets rowdy.

So... shall we set up a recurring meet at the welcoming coffee shop I was arrested at?

What's so special about law enforcement? I guess they are a tier above us lowly people... :rolleyes:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am disappointed. I am sure that the employees of the Delavan Starbucks enjoyed us.

We have met there monthly for just about 3 years. I am not sure where we will go as I want to continue a Walworth County meet and greet.

There is a Culvers in the same area and I have had no issues there.

The CEO could of just said that they don't take sides and that they follow state laws.

I am sad but I will not be going to Starbucks any more.

Plankton

I am disappointed. I am sure that the employees of the Delavan Starbucks enjoyed us.

We have met there monthly for just about 3 years. I am not sure where we will go as I want to continue a Walworth County meet and greet.

There is a Culvers in the same area and I have had no issues there.

The CEO could of just said that they don't take sides and that they follow state laws.

I am sad but I will not be going to Starbucks any more.

What I find the most disturbing is the sheer spineless, gutless way Howard Schultz is presenting the new "weazel" policy. Just say it. YOU DON'T WANT A CERTAIN TYPE OF LAW ABIDING CITIZEN in your stores. You caved to the bed-wetting sheeple. Put the damn signs up. Man up. Tell the world you HATE the U.S. Constitution. I will treat them like all others who hate us. Not one red cent.

Franky

What I find the most disturbing is the sheer spineless, gutless way Howard Schultz is presenting the new "weazel" policy. Just say it. YOU DON'T WANT A CERTAIN TYPE OF LAW ABIDING CITIZEN in your stores. You caved to the bed-wetting sheeple. Put the damn signs up. Man up. Tell the world you HATE the U.S. Constitution. I will treat them like all others who hate us. Not one red cent.

While you have every right to not spend one RED cent at this establishment, your hateful post raises RED flags to some who read this very public forum.

Please respect ALL the rights of ALL the people. These are trying times for both pro and con firearm minded citizens.

protias

While you have every right to not spend one RED cent at this establishment, your hateful post raises RED flags to some who read this very public forum.

Please respect ALL the rights of ALL the people. These are trying times for both pro and con firearm minded citizens.

Actually Doug, Plankton has spent money at Starbucks. If a company says they are going to ban firearms, they do hate the Constitution (though they won't admit it).

Logan 5

I cannot beleive some of the hatred I hear. Ok, you're a customer and the business changed it's policies. Well, before expressing hatred towards them like little children, ask them "why?" And ask the manager at the local Starbucks that you guys regularly met at if you guys could keep meeting there and if so, under what terms. You might be surprised. The manager just might say yes. You'll never know.

The way a few of you react, I'm inclined to think that you're either too immature to know how to safely use a firearm or perhaps really anti-gunners coming here to give this fine group a bad reputation.