• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This guy knows his stuff!

Turbod'1

A long watch [and I know this forum isn't geared towards long guns --yet, I feel it applies to OC all the same]-- I'm impressed with how he addressed it; bottom line (to me): there is an absolute correlation to his 'crime' and educating the public that "He's not breaking the law".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9RZnLsTu8

I'd better not chew gum and walk simply because I can! :eek:

Feel free to add your own quips as you see fit.

:D

Logan 5

I don't think he does know his stuff.

Don't call the cops. No reason to. Instead, go about your business, doing the OC...not your fault the cops get called.

You see when you call the cops, you already calculated that someome might feel threatened, therefore, you're already in violation. I think that's what the cop's trying to tell him.

Turbod'1

I don't think he does know his stuff.

Don't call the cops. No reason to. Instead, go about your business, doing the OC...not your fault the cops get called.

You see when you call the cops, you already calculated that someome might feel threatened, therefore, you're already in violation. I think that's what the cop's trying to tell him.

I was specifically referring to his rebuttals and staying focused on the greater issue. That said, I kind of see what you are saying BUT on the other hand, if it isn't against the law, shouldn't the Police defuse potential callers [who very well might call regardless of whether he gave them the heads-up] by informing them that he is breaking no law?

I'm also sure he might not want to get shot by an over zealous rookie --the possible likes of the one in the video, who 'knew everything'. :confused:

Logan 5

I was specifically referring to his rebuttals and staying focused on the greater issue. That said, I kind of see what you are saying BUT on the other hand, if it isn't against the law, shouldn't the Police defuse potential callers [who very well might call regardless of whether he gave them the heads-up] by informing them that he is breaking no law?
He has no obligation to tell them in advance. Doing so shows that he recognizes that someone will feel threatened enough to report it.

I'm also sure he might not want to get shot by an over zealous rookie --the possible likes of the one in the video, who 'knew everything'. :confused:
LOL! We face that everyday as it is! Unarmed even get shot!

kdt1970

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Therefore the people calling to report open carrying are in violation of the law for causing an alarm due to there lack of knowledge of the law.