• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VFW Post 1881 ANTI-GUN

MatieA

The VFW Post 1881 here in Cheyenne has just voted to be a "weapons" free facility and will be posting "No Weapons Allowed" signs in the establishment this week. They did this without the knowledge of the Veteran membership. I sure hope that ALL members are thoroughly outraged about this.

Maverick9

The VFW Post 1881 here in Cheyenne has just voted to be a "weapons" free facility and will be posting "No Weapons Allowed" signs in the establishment this week. They did this without the knowledge of the Veteran membership. I sure hope that ALL members are thoroughly outraged about this.

Put a sign on their door - 'Criminals Welcome Here, no guns on premises'? (just kidding...)

DocWalker

As a veteran and member of the American Legion I wonder if they can actually do that. I think the National leadership of the American Legion needs to be aware of this. I know we have a opening ceremony every meeting re-affirming our oath to defend the US Constituion and banning the 2A doesn't seem to go along with that.

I suggest all memebers of this chapter quit immediatly, I notice they waited until everyone paid their dues for the next year (they are due in August every year).

I will resign from my post 101 in Mountain Home Idaho and not support the AL if this stands.

MatieA

I went to the Facebook page belonging to VFW Post 1881 and posted what they did so members could see it. And the Admin of the page "liked" my post. I guess I just don't understand what the "like" button is for.

xd shooter

As a veteran and member of the American Legion I wonder if they can actually do that. I think the National leadership of the American Legion needs to be aware of this. I know we have a opening ceremony every meeting re-affirming our oath to defend the US Constituion and banning the 2A doesn't seem to go along with that.

I suggest all memebers of this chapter quit immediatly, I notice they waited until everyone paid their dues for the next year (they are due in August every year).

I will resign from my post 101 in Mountain Home Idaho and not support the AL if this stands.

Hey Doc.... He wrote VFW. Stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars. An entirely different entity than the American Legion... :):)

And I believe that such a ruling WOULD require to be brought before the body, the members of that post, as a motion, then voted on by the members present. Such a motion would NOT pass in my local VFW. :)

Last edited:

DocWalker

Hey Doc.... He wrote VFW. Stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars. An entirely different entity than the American Legion... :):)

And I believe that such a ruling WOULD require to be brought before the body, the members of that post, as a motion, then voted on by the members present. Such a motion would NOT pass in my local VFW. :)

I know I'm a member of the VFW also, Unfortunatly in our small town the VFW is attached to 1 of our AL posts. I know it sounds strange but we meet in the same AL building and most of the memebers are in both. This is why I have a hard time seperating the two.

davidmcbeth

Banned

I would imagine that the first vet seeing it would simply tear it down and stomp on it .... sign still up?