• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Kentucky Open Carry Meetup - October 19th

neuroblades

We will be meeting on October 19th at Golden Corral in Ashland @ 1pm. I figure that by posting this now, we will hopefully get the message out there so we can get more fine gun folks involved and coming out to the meetings.

As the time gets closer, I'll be posting more and bringing this to the top of the queue to remind folks about it.

I want to thank James & Breanna (Bree) for being the most dedicated and devoted to the EKOC and the Pro-2A cause! :) I don't think that you two have ever missed a single meeting. :)

Unlike other meetings, this time around we have a room reserved for this meeting! So, no more having to wait outside for others to show up.

09jisaac

Oooooh~ Can I come too? Or am I too much of a pah wraith with you Ashlanders?

Can you find it this time?

I thought it was a bit weird that you started looking for my house before you even met me.

If you want, I can put a sign up towards Louisa pointing you back in the right direction.

DrakeZ07

That's a silly query, of course you can join in, everyone is welcomed. James would be heart-broken if you didn't attend. *LOL*

It's okay, I know you really mean't that you'd be Heart-broken, Cupcake <3

Can you find it this time?

I thought it was a bit weird that you started looking for my house before you even met me.

If you want, I can put a sign up towards Louisa pointing you back in the right direction.

Yes. just... Yes.

Wait, what? Looking for your house before we met? I'm confuzzled.

Oh, and, this time around, I won't be wearing pink camo pants~ But I'll have something else to distinguish me from others~ <3

Last edited:

neuroblades

Reminder

Everyone please remember that this time around, we DO have a room reserved, or at least we're reserved in one of the rooms. Being that our turn out has been small and I didn't want to cause issues by having them hold an entire room, there might be others in the room as well but whoever gets there first, just check the rooms for the one that we're in.

neuroblades

Just a reminder, the EKOCC Meet & Greet is tomorrow, Saturday, October 19th @ 1pm. Golden Corral in Ashland, Ky. This time we have a room reserved so who ever gets there first, grab a seat and some food and the others will soon follow. *LOL*

Fate0n3

I can't believe I missed this today. I mostly CC but I have been looking for a reason to OC.

Sent From Mobile Land

neuroblades

It's okay, I know you really mean't that you'd be Heart-broken, Cupcake <3

Yes. just... Yes.

Wait, what? Looking for your house before we met? I'm confuzzled.

Oh, and, this time around, I won't be wearing pink camo pants~ But I'll have something else to distinguish me from others~ <3

Once again, you missed the meeting. SMH

neuroblades

Just joined this site. Wish I had known about the meeting.

KY Sheep Dog, the next EKOCC meet & greet will be held in Prestonsburg, Ky. on December 14th at the Jenny Wiley Lodge. We've not set a time as I need to contact them as to the time their buffet opens on Saturdays. If you're on Face Book, join the EKOCC group for the most up to date details.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EKOCCC/

As soon as we have a set time, I will be posting it to the OCDO forum as well, it will be sticky at the top of the forum page here, like Grapeshot said.

neuroblades

So is Yatesville, it is owned and operated by the Corps though.

Jenny Wiley contains Dewey Lake, with most everything right on or close to the lake. Dewey Lake is controlled by the Corps. So I don't know.

No, Jenny Wiley State Park is NOT ACoE property. The ONLY part of the Dewey Lake area that is ACoE is the spillway proper. The whole of Dewey Lake is SP area and not under ACoE authority. Now on the other hand, Paintsville Lake is completely ACoE property and therefore, I no longer go there no matter what the event.

Though I've not posted it officially on OCDO yet and for those interested, I wil be officially posting the December 14th EKOCC meet & greet before the top of December, just trying to get time to go up there and talke with them about what time the buffet opens on Saturday and hopefully the menu of what's to be on tap for that day as well.