• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two gun carry.

7om5hipp

Is there anyone out there that OCs two pistols? I know many ofnyou OC one and CC another, but I was just curious and figured I would ask.

If you do OC two pistols, how do you carry and does it alter things more so than just carrying one in the open?

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

When I carry revolvers I carry two. Most times when I have a semi auto, the wife is also carrying one, so I still have two.

I carry both in the open, strong side 3 o'clock, cross draw at 10 o'clock.

Last edited:

teddyearp

When I carry more than one, it is usually when I go "Cowboy". I like the extra weight. Balances things out. Look to my avatar, I'll put the bigger one on the right, the smaller one on the left and a pocket pistol cross draw just to the left of middle. Comfy to me.

Last edited:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Whenever I am going running or on a long hike I like to open carry two of equal weight on opposite sides of my body.

I feel this feels more comfortable, not less, because it adds balance. If I don't one of my legs will more sore than the other.

Rusty Young Man

There's an idea

Whenever I am going running or on a long hike I like to open carry two of equal weight on opposite sides of my body.

I feel this feels more comfortable, not less, because it adds balance. If I don't one of my legs will more sore than the other.

To be fair, this whole "it balances me out" does have some merit. Last time I compared the weight of my loaded all-steel full-size 1911 to the weight of two magazines in a double mag holder, guess which one weighed more? (NOTE: I didn't weigh so much as compare on a homemade scale, e.g., a piece of wood balanced on another piece of wood and the two items in question hanging from threads on the ends)

There is one member I know of that does the double OC thing with two FNs. I figure he probably doesn't need spare magazines with a ~18 rd capacity per gun (for comparison, I only carry 22 rounds total:().

Maybe when I can scrape up enough funds in the "fun fund" :D.

Rusty Young Man

Besides, if multiple assailants break into your home while you're sipping some cognac on the couch, you can draw down on two at a time.

NicholasCageFaceoffTwoSpringfieldM1911A1pointing.jpg

Also, it looks really cool when Hollywood does it (and we know they portray everything realistically:p)
601px-Hit-P18-2.jpg

And this one is just to remind guys of another reason to introduce your gals to OC and carry in general (plus, she's really easy on the eyes with that hair and the look of bad-a$$ery on her face):
600px-Gravitron_jill_1911_dual_wield.jpg

Last edited: