• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you carry?

7om5hipp

I am not sure if this question is in the right area, I am curious about how people carry their firearms when they go out. I never really thought much about it until recently when I was asked about my style of carry by someone, and so I figured I would see how others carry.

As for me, I carry a revolver on my right hip with the firearm reversed. And yes, I do draw it with my right hand. Have not noticed any real speed loss when I practice and I carry it that way as a way of preventing someone from coming up behind me and trying to grab for it.

hafnhaf

.40 springfield xd sub compact, strong side, OWB leather holster with retention strap. 1 or 2 spare 12-round mags. keltec .380 backup in a wallet holster. kid with another p3at at times (back-up back-up).

Fallschirjmäger

Mid-size Glock or Smith&Wesson semi-auto. Both either in a Glock brand sport holster or a Safariland 6378 depending on if I'm wearing a cover garment or not. 3 O'clock left hand.

Primus

Glock 23 in Sherpa strong side. Or same in blade tech nano appendix carry when cc

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

BLKH2O

Used to carry a 6'2" 220 lb. cop on my back, but couldn't carry him for too long, so I opted to carry my Glock 23. Found it to be not as heavy and easier on the back.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Used to carry a 6'2" 220 lb. cop on my back, but couldn't carry him for too long, so I opted to carry my Glock 23. Found it to be not as heavy and easier on the back.
The do make smaller, more discrete cops for ease of carry :p

jeffrey-r

If I'm home and ready to go out and I want to OC, it will be in a leather holster on my right side at 3 o'clock. If I'm on my way to or from work and don't necessarily have my holster, I carry IWB without a holster and reversed (grip forward) at about 4 o'clock. This 4 o'clock position is also how I CC.

MyWifeSaidYes

The do make smaller, more discrete cops for ease of carry :p

7321672862_e564d694b7_z.jpg

independence

I am not sure if this question is in the right area, I am curious about how people carry their firearms when they go out. I never really thought much about it until recently when I was asked about my style of carry by someone, and so I figured I would see how others carry.

As for me, I carry a revolver on my right hip with the firearm reversed. And yes, I do draw it with my right hand. Have not noticed any real speed loss when I practice and I carry it that way as a way of preventing someone from coming up behind me and trying to grab for it.

I carry a Glock 19 in a cheapo Glock brand OWB friction holster at two o'clock or two thirty.

Tell me more about your reversed holster on the strong side drawn with the strong side hand. Where do you position the holster on your belt? Four o'clock or something? What method do you use for drawing it in order to avoid covering yourself? What type of revolver?

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

MyWifeSaidYes

Nightmare said:
The guy on the left is a distant relative and 7'1" tall. His buddy is quite normal, ~5'10"...

Nope. We've got a 6'8" open carrier in Ohio (BB62) to compare this picture to. Assuming the scale of the picture has not been modified, the scale of the people (arms and legs to torso and head) show that the officer on the left is closer to "normal", and the officer on the right is closer to the ground.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Nope. We've got a 6'8" open carrier in Ohio (BB62) to compare this picture to. Assuming the scale of the picture has not been modified, the scale of the people (arms and legs to torso and head) show that the officer on the left is closer to "normal", and the officer on the right is closer to the ground.
Actually, if the officer on the right would pull his pants up, he would be as tall as the officer on the left.

Slade McCuiston

I open carry daily, both around the farm and in town. I carry a Rock Island Armory .45 1911 on my right side, at about my three o'clock. It rides in a Safariland 6360 SLS/ALS duty holster.

1911.jpg

Last edited: