• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minnesota bills to allow recognition of North Dakota permits

IA_farmboy

Saw this on the NRA-ILA website.
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...ota-2014-legislative-session-is-underway.aspx

At this time, House File 2007, authored by state Representatives Dan Fabian (R-1A), David Dill (DFL-3A), Jim Newberger (R-15B) and its companion Senate File 2025, by Senator LeRoy Stumpf (DFL-1), have been introduced. These bills would amend the Minnesota Personal Protection Act to recognize the North Dakota permit to carry as valid in Minnesota to establish reciprocity between the two states.

I thought this might be something of interest to Iowans that wish travel to Minnesota while armed. Universal recognition of permits would be nice. Dispensing of the need to get government permission to exercise our right of self defense would be better. I'll take what I can get though.

press1280

Saw this on the NRA-ILA website.
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...ota-2014-legislative-session-is-underway.aspx

I thought this might be something of interest to Iowans that wish travel to Minnesota while armed. Universal recognition of permits would be nice. Dispensing of the need to get government permission to exercise our right of self defense would be better. I'll take what I can get though.

Just ND? I was hoping they'd go universal recognition or at least expand their reciprocity. MN's reciprocity is not that good, relatively speaking.