• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys will have fun rippng this article to shreds...

Baked on Grease

Already did so for part 1 on other websites. To be honest is more of the same: "I support Open Carry, but it's bad and you shouldn't do it." Though he throws in some new ways of looking at it that I nearly laughed myself out of my seat upon reading. Here's a quick quote to give you an idea of the gist of the article to get the juices flowing...

"I think it is time for us all to agree, without having to call for links to prove it, the mere presence of a gun may stop a crime from ever being committed. On the flip side we need to agree that the presence of the gun may also be the catalyst of the crime that is committed. Yes, there are plenty of cases that show that people were targeted for their guns……..in their homes and on their person. This is all well documented and backed by common sense."

Cites to Authority? He don't need no stinking links. Don't confuse him with facts! >.<

The Do's and Don'ts of Open Carry: http://gunsafetyblog.com/2014/03/31/the-dos-and-donts-of-open-carry-part-1/

Edit: I put this in the 'Why Open Carry' section as it does pertain to someone figuring out Why they would or would not want to OC. Feel free to move to another sub if more appropriate elsewhere though.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Appeals to emotion and not providing cites to confirm your claims.

A CCer will be a victim before a OCer.

What, 60 some odd percent of BGs avoid OCers by their own admission. CCers always claim “element of surprise” this, in my view is code for “I get to shoot a BG if I’m lucky.”

I suspect that this post will last only long enough to have it deleted. And. you, Mr. Phillips, think we all should agree with you…..appeal to authority.

Your fallacies are piled high.

The bottom line, carry as you see fit, within the confines of the law.

WB
What I posted. No comments were posted: 0 comments on “The Do’s and Don’ts of Open Carry Part 1”

Another member of the CC Industrial Complex.....pffft!

Bernymac

Careful now...Gecko21sfpistol will see that and use it as some sort of authoritative cite.:lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Careful now...Gecko21sfpistol will see that and use it as some sort of authoritative cite.:lol:

Possibly, but it may not interest him. I don't see a single reference to preventing the robing of kids. He has his proclivities, you must understand.

I still haven't actually figured out how CC prevents children from getting dressed, but I'm working on it.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Look where the idiots finger is on his draw in his picture, not fully in the trigger guard but certainly not on the side pointing forward. It appears the idiot is placing his finger on the trigger. Guess he is not all that serious about safety, maybe he should look at himself and worry about himself before attempting the futile and dumb task of telling others how to live their life.

Just another control freak with low self esteem, who seems to not get the idea of liberty, personal freedom, and freedom of choice. He can go pound sand.

sudden valley gunner

My first impression is that he is a domineering, arrogant , hubris laden jerk. I would hate to be a member of his family. Seems to me he thinks he can have this same control he has over his family over others in an encounter. Faulty thinking.

He claims not to be anti OC yet rants about it and uses myths.

Claims there is lot's of incidents to back him up yet doesn't list a single one.

He is out of touch when it comes to bad neighborhoods. His was vague about "how you carry yourself" may deter crime, from his words I doubt respect is what he is talking about. Especially when he falsely states OC may apear "disrespectful".
Cocky confidence, will cause you more problems in some neighborhoods, then simple respect, acknowledgment, and minding your own business. His analogy of carrying the gun as the same as giving someone the finger.....hilarious, that would only be applicable if someone were "brandishing" it in a manner or intent of causing alarm (disrespect).

His analogy about having your bluff called can be thought of another way, CC means the other guy thinks you are carrying low cards, so there seems to me to be more of a chance of someone "calling it" thinking they have the upper hand. OC is not a "bluff" it is showing everybody you have the high cards and they better not bet on winning with their low cards.

And why is he practicing OC and not CC?

Primus

It is extremely ironic, hilariously so, that CCers, all of the ones I know, OC at a range. Whatever...:rolleyes:

Well you know someone on here conceals at the range AND shoots faster more accurate with a much faster draw time from said concealment.

Hint: while I do cc and train from concealment at range, I'm not the the guy I was referencing :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

I too practice CC draws, but I don't need a range to do that. Nor does a OC draw require a range. But, I OC and fire at the range only because I OC only, unless I am forced under the law, or a property owners wishes to CC.

All of my cop friends are "prohibited" from OCing, as a policy, while they are off-duty and in their LEA's jurisdiction. One of my buddies prefers to OC and think it sucks that policy is crafted to make nitwits "less scared." He routinely sees OCers (when he sees one) not being noticed at all by adults. Usually a little kid points cuz they, for what ever reason, see the pistol first. He thinks it is due to the adult has other matters on their mind and the kid is along only for the ride and has the luxury to really look around and see things.

Anyway, Mr. Phillipos is biased, obviously, and would get along immensely with or resident CC Industrial Complex agent provocateur.

sudden valley gunner

Well you know someone on here conceals at the range AND shoots faster more accurate with a much faster draw time from said concealment.

Hint: while I do cc and train from concealment at range, I'm not the the guy I was referencing :)

As you should, and good reminder for those of us who OC all the time and CC rarely to practice. Just make sure you wear the shoot me first vest and pants when you do.

Last edited:

Primus

As you should, and good reminder for those of us who OC all the time and CC rarely to practice. Just make sure you wear the shoot me first vest and pants when you do.

Shoot me first vest and pants? Are you referring to something like a idpa vest?

My cc carry method is a bit different then what I see a lot of. I carry appendix. Never liked the over the hip area IWBs.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Any time I hear some say I am for this and for that BUT.

I really know that they are against something.

This person is against OC.

He is just trying to say so in a nice manner BS for sure.

sudden valley gunner

Shoot me first vest and pants? Are you referring to something like a idpa vest?

My cc carry method is a bit different then what I see a lot of. I carry appendix. Never liked the over the hip area IWBs.

It's a joke we make in Washington. Many of the CC guys were the same type of "tactical" vests. IDPA fits the bill. The joke wasn't aimed at you just at the guys who were the shoot me first vests. :lol:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My first impression is that he is a domineering, arrogant , hubris laden jerk. I would hate to be a member of his family. Seems to me he thinks he can have this same control he has over his family over others in an encounter............................................So, tell us how you really feel, Rob.

His was vague about "how you carry yourself" may deter crime, from his words I doubt respect is what he is talking about. Especially when he falsely states OC may apear "disrespectful".
Cocky confidence, will cause you more problems in some neighborhoods, then simple respect, acknowledgment, and minding your own business. His analogy of carrying the gun as the same as giving someone the finger.....hilarious,?

I live in an area with a large gang presence. When summer comes, the park and its huge body of water attract quite a few people. I do not alter my life because of that and when we encounter each other respect, acknowledgement and myob work. I believe in what the General said..."I come in Peace, but if you eff with me I will kill you where you stand."

It is called "command presence". Be confident, be in control of yourself.

Aknazer

This article is actually rather old. I responded to the article on the original forums from where it came. I ended up getting banned from their forums for being a "political activist only" even though I both carry and have various training. They banned me after I used logic and actual cites to rebut all of their emotional claims. I think it was actually the author of that wrote the article.

Baked on Grease

This article is actually rather old. I responded to the article on the original forums from where it came. I ended up getting banned from their forums for being a "political activist only" even though I both carry and have various training. They banned me after I used logic and actual cites to rebut all of their emotional claims. I think it was actually the author of that wrote the article.

Then I guess it's been reposted because the website says it was posted on March 31 this year....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Aknazer

Then I guess it's been reposted because the website says it was posted on March 31 this year....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It is a repost, but given that it is like two years old and how OC seems to be growing im not surprised. I also dont expect people to remember it from tbe past (assuming tbey were even on the board then). But yea the author REALLY didnt like being questioned and proven wrong.

sudden valley gunner

I live in an area with a large gang presence. When summer comes, the park and its huge body of water attract quite a few people. I do not alter my life because of that and when we encounter each other respect, acknowledgement and myob work. I believe in what the General said..."I come in Peace, but if you eff with me I will kill you where you stand."

It is called "command presence". Be confident, be in control of yourself.

+1