• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FAQ For Idaho

Freedom1Man

1. What is the law about consuming alcohol while carrying?

2. What is considered "plain view" for vehicle carry?

3. What are some of the things to be aware of while OC in Idaho (eg police encounters, businesses, general public)?

4. Can you carry into a bar? I know you can't in Washington but I've not read the Idaho codes.

DocWalker

4. Can you carry into a bar? I know you can't in Washington but I've not read the Idaho codes.

Bars are not prohibited in Idaho.

Yes you can bring it into a bar, just not drunk. I would avoid drinking all together because just the smell on your breath would not look good for you if something bad happened.

DocWalker

A claim often made, with no evidence that has ever been presented to indicate truth. I know, the canned response is, "Do you want to be the test case?"

Mearly implying that you don't want to give the Antis any ammuntion to use, because we know how they can twist things.

If your in an accident and have been drinking your reputation will take a hit even if you are .07 and not drunk by definition.

aadvark

DocWalker:

While it is True that a Person may Go Armed in Idaho with a Firearm which is in Plain View whilst Intoxicated, it is Perhaps not Good Judgment.

However, in and of Itself, Open Carry whilst Drunk in Idaho is not per se Illegal.

Idaho Law 18-3302B only Criminalizes Concealed Carry while Intoxicated.

aadvark

Last edited:

FattyKrack

DocWalker:

While it is True that a Person may Go Armed in Idaho with a Firearm which is in Plain View whilst Intoxicated, it is Perhaps not Good Judgment.

However, in and of Itself, Open Carry whilst Drunk in Idaho is not per se Illegal.

Idaho Law 18-3302B only Criminalizes Concealed Carry while Intoxicated.

aadvark
That gave me a good chuckle lol

OC Freedom

So If i have a Oregon and Washington CPL I am safe to conceal in Idaho? Is it correct they recognize all other CPL's?

Yes. I looked into this, in depth, and since I moved to Idaho from Washington state and I decided to keep my Washington CPL. My CPL looks the same as a Wa. residents permit except mine has my Idaho address and drivers license number on it. I just didn't see the need for the Idaho one.

SovereigntyOrDeath

I have been very leery to keep my sidearm holstered since it is on my right hip and not "in plain view" while driving. I choose to un-holster and place it into the 2 cup holders in the middle console of my truck. This way, if pulled over, it is in "plain view" if the police officer approaches either side of the vehicle. I need to figure out how to secure it though in case of an accident or defensive maneuver.

"(9) While in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded."