• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

Seriona

Funny for me, I OC all the time now and I live in Snohomish and I only know one person who OC's that goes on this .com. I think the best reactions, nothing truly hostile yet, comes from people when I get on the Community Transit.

theflea19

WA drivers licence, fingers (for prints), and a check for $52?

Thanks Gdig. I was also informed that you do not have to register your firearms in Washington or have a transfer of title if someone gives you a gun. My father just gave me a New Dakota Model Colt 45 and & a Lever Action 7MM Browning Rifle.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Thanks Gdig. I was also informed that you do not have to register your firearms in Washington or have a transfer of title if someone gives you a gun. My father just gave me a New Dakota Model Colt 45 and & a Lever Action 7MM Browning Rifle.

No registration or transfer in WA, YET! Help stop I-594!

Freedom1Man

OC at Olive Garden in Marysville yesterday, no problems even had 3 border patrol agents sit at the table next to mine. Not even a word was heard from they about my OC. So, good day.

theflea19

A couple questions for my open carry brothers. I am about a week away from getting my cpl and was wondering once I do receive the license I am allowed to conceal carry almost anywhere besides the main restrictions School classrooms, Fair Grounds, Music Concerts, Court Proceedings, Airport correct? Any ordinances in a city override the state law?

For open carry it is legal in restaurants, grocery stores, Wal Mart, Starbucks, Etc... unless they tell you to leave or have something posted saying no firearms allowed correct? I also see a lot of Nature Preserve trails out here, is it okay to carry there as well?

Freedom1Man

A couple questions for my open carry brothers. I am about a week away from getting my cpl and was wondering once I do receive the license I am allowed to conceal carry almost anywhere besides the main restrictions School classrooms, Fair Grounds, Music Concerts, Court Proceedings, Airport correct? Any ordinances in a city override the state law?

For open carry it is legal in restaurants, grocery stores, Wal Mart, Starbucks, Etc... unless they tell you to leave or have something posted saying no firearms allowed correct? I also see a lot of Nature Preserve trails out here, is it okay to carry there as well?

Most fairgrounds are fair game for OC and CC, Music Concerts are okay, Music Festivals are not, and in the non-restricted area of the airport is fair game also.

Are you new to Wasington?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...e-Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Open-Carry

is a place to start.

GreatWhiteLlama

Like F1M said, start with the FAQ and then study the laws for yourself.

Go here:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41&full=true

RCW's 9.41.50, .60, .270, .280, .290 & .300 will be the most pertinent.

jsanchez

so I know northgate mall doesn't allow guns.

so I called the Alderwood Mall and talk to the security there and ask them what their stance was

they told me that they abide by Washington state law

so today was the first day I open carried at Alderwood Mall

what a great place we live in

jsanchez

And that's why we don't call and ask for verbal permission, but you won't take our advice about that.[/QUOTE]

I do not appreciate this comment.

I thought it would be a good idea to ask them what their policy was, before stepping on my you know what.

so I just called them back and talked to Candace, maning the phones in the security office, phone number 425 771 1121, menu option 7, and she said they follow washington state law and that its ok to open carry in the mall.

Freedom1Man

You need to call the mall management company and tell them to change their published Code of Conduct Policy:
http://www.alderwoodmall.com/content/pdf/code_of_conduct.pdf

It's also posted at some entrances to the mall, so they need to change their signs too. Be sure and give them the name of the authority you talked to on the phone.

And that's why we don't call and ask for verbal permission, but you won't take our advice about that.
Examples of specific activities that are prohibited include,
but are not limited to:

No firearms or illegal weapons

Disruptive profanity, vulgar or
threatening language

Unnecessarily blocking walkways,
roadways or storefronts

Running, horseplay or disorderly
conduct of any nature
Job Code

So, this is saying that you MUST have firearms or illegal weapons to visit there.

This is high school English. The reason that 'NO' is not in front of ever other activity was because they are listed a prohibited.

The following are prohibited;
No firearms.

That means that if you have "No firearms" that you are prohibited.

I can only go by what is presented in writing.

Freedom1Man

Yep, actually you appear to be correct! Firearms is the only prohibited condition that has a negative in front of it so the rules of grammar would indicate, as you say, that it is "no firearms" that are prohibited. That could also be interpreted, using proper rules of grammar that "No firearms are prohibited" - and that which is not prohibited is allowed.

Rather, it would be read that being without a firearm or an illegal weapon is prohibited.

That is the way it is phrased.

Last edited:

jsanchez

That's all fine and dandy, but it's still POSTED on their property and website that no firearms are allowed so are you going to call the mall management company and ask that they correct their postings to reflect what the security office told you?

The management office is closed till monday.

I didnt see any signage saying anything but im going to check that out more.