• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan, WI OC Meet and Greet at Culvers

rightwinglibertarian

aaah I'd love to come but it's across the state. Anything within i'd say 50 miles of La Crosse would do. I'm not sure whats going on but there isnt even a reliable 'post your open carry experiences' thread for the state. Nevada and Michigan are giving us a kicking.

paul@paul-fisher.com

aaah I'd love to come but it's across the state. Anything within i'd say 50 miles of La Crosse would do. I'm not sure whats going on but there isnt even a reliable 'post your open carry experiences' thread for the state. Nevada and Michigan are giving us a kicking.

Start one if you want. I guess I don't post when I OC because I OC every day everywhere.

rightwinglibertarian

Start one if you want. I guess I don't post when I OC because I OC every day everywhere.

so do many in NV but the thread is huge. I'd like to see the challenging of some of the no gun signs as well. Some might just be willing to listen. Trouble is i'm not really in a position to do much, having things to pay off even before I can get a handgun. Would look a bit crazy to start a thread like that not even having a gun myself. Hypocrite much? :p

On a related note is the event section for actual confirmed events only or gauging interest in a certain area as well?

paul@paul-fisher.com

so do many in NV but the thread is huge. I'd like to see the challenging of some of the no gun signs as well. Some might just be willing to listen. Trouble is i'm not really in a position to do much, having things to pay off even before I can get a handgun. Would look a bit crazy to start a thread like that not even having a gun myself. Hypocrite much? :p

On a related note is the event section for actual confirmed events only or gauging interest in a certain area as well?

Not sure on event rules. You'd have to ask an admin.

As for challenging signs, I do and I am usually successful. There are very few places in Walworth County that have posted and if I see it, I talk to manager or owner.

rightwinglibertarian

In La Crosse the library is posted. Illegally IMO as it's a public place. Apparently it's been there since 2011 and I'm amazed not a single person has challenged it and I know they have not as the manager told me. Someone also needs to test carry at a BK that's changed franchises.

paul@paul-fisher.com

In La Crosse the library is posted. Illegally IMO as it's a public place. Apparently it's been there since 2011 and I'm amazed not a single person has challenged it and I know they have not as the manager told me. Someone also needs to test carry at a BK that's changed franchises.

It's legal to post government buildings.

Anyhow, open a different thread if you want to talk about stuff other than the Delavan OC event.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Thank you very much sir and I do plan on being there along with my fiance. Was also wondering if you or know of someone who has a list of businesses that allow open carry in Elkhorn.

It would be a shorter list asking who doesn't.

Stan's lumber.

Walworth County buildings.

I have open carried almost every day for around 4 years in Walworth County and have had no negative interactions.