• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

psbart

Had a very pleasant trip to Port Orchard Walmart tonight. Had all 3 kiddos with me. Littlest one in my ring sling nursing when we got to the register. The cashier says " I just have to tell you, it is so awesome seeing you wearing your baby and packing a gun. That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. You are my new hero" We chatted a bit about open carry and reasons to get a CPL and I gave her one of the fliers I always carry in my purse :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a very pleasant trip to Port Orchard Walmart tonight. Had all 3 kiddos with me. Littlest one in my ring sling nursing when we got to the register. The cashier says " I just have to tell you, it is so awesome seeing you wearing your baby and packing a gun. That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. You are my new hero" We chatted a bit about open carry and reasons to get a CPL and I gave her one of the fliers I always carry in my purse :)
Been said before, but worth repeating:

Women OCing are golden to the cause. Women with children OCing goes platinum.

You have taken the standard to a new level by OCing with a baby in arms (pun intended)

Thank you for being so very responsible - not only in what you do, but how you do it - educating the public by your example and actions.

OC for ME

Not a knock, just a observation.

I wonder if there were more folks "offended" about you nursing in public, if they noticed, than the gun on your hip, if they noticed. It seems that Mothers doing motherly things is more "offensive" in our puritan society these days.

36_2_68.gif

psbart

I've noticed. I've had as many comments/requests about either covering up or going elsewhere with a nursing baby this last year than I have about my firearm in the 3 years I have been OC'ing. Matter of fact, some local moms and I are doing a "nurse in" at the local St Vincent as one of their ignorant staff asked me to cover up the nursing baby just this last Tuesday.

sudden valley gunner

I've noticed. I've had as many comments/requests about either covering up or going elsewhere with a nursing baby this last year than I have about my firearm in the 3 years I have been OC'ing. Matter of fact, some local moms and I are doing a "nurse in" at the local St Vincent as one of their ignorant staff asked me to cover up the nursing baby just this last Tuesday.

+1 On all accounts. People who are freaked out about nursing moms have some severe mental issues.

Dart

Ajetpilot

On another thread, SnarlyWino suggested that those of us who have not been active on this site for awhile, post on our local threads about how routine OC is in our area. It is so routine for me here in Kitsap County that I simply have not posted, because it is so uneventful. I open carry all day, everywhere I go, except the post office (obviously). If anyone would like to join me on a walk, anywhere in Kitsap county, let me know. I will buy the coffee!

Bill45

It is good to see this site may be coming back to its roots. I was beginning to think this site had degenerated into another political opinion blow off. I was ready to move on.
I have not seen many open carry stories sense the last election and then every thing here diverged to "OH MY GOD, I594 PASSED AND WE ARE SCREWED!"

Perhaps we can get back to the original purpose. It is called Open Carry.org after all. Not How do I carry in a backpack, or Why is my apartment doing about renter firearms etc.

I have not posted about my OC experience as I get cold with out a coat below 65*. Now that the weather is warming hopefully we'll see more site pertinent comments.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

It is good to see this site may be coming back to its roots. I was beginning to think this site had degenerated into another political opinion blow off. I was ready to move on.
I have not seen many open carry stories sense the last election and then every thing here diverged to "OH MY GOD, I594 PASSED AND WE ARE SCREWED!"

Perhaps we can get back to the original purpose. It is called Open Carry.org after all. Not How do I carry in a backpack, or Why is my apartment doing about renter firearms etc.

I have not posted about my OC experience as I get cold with out a coat below 65*. Now that the weather is warming hopefully we'll see more site pertinent comments.

You know, the snide apartment related comment is not appreciated. That whole thing started because I OPEN CARRIED.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentlemen, if you please - we are on the same team. Anything we do while OCing is pertinent. It's not just a Wally World walk thing. It is about were we live too.

Do it, post it - even if non-eventful as it shows the color and texture of what we do.......normalizing OC and responsibly taking care.
icon14.png

Freedom1Man

Gentlemen, if you please - we are on the same team. Anything we do while OCing is pertinent. It's not just a Wally World walk thing. It is about were we live too.

Do it, post it - even if non-eventful as it shows the color and texture of what we do.......normalizing OC and responsibly taking care.
icon14.png

I could not report my OC even if I did. I have a court order forbidding me from OC. CC is fine so long as I have my CPL.

That Judge Bonner is a piece of... work.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

icon14.png
I could not report my OC even if I did. I have a court order forbidding me from OC. CC is fine so long as I have my CPL.

No intent to slight anyone that cannot OC. CCers and noCers are always welcome here - point though is to not oppose legal OC.

Neither expecting nor wanting to discuss your situation here, I would be most interested in knowing the particulars and what might be done to correct that if you care to share that sometime.

Difdi

Not to threadjack, but how the hell can that be a valid order?

I could see a judge ordering someone to give up a CPL, but how the hell can you be able to carry with a CPL but not openly without, when the latter is because of a constitutional right?

I hope you're appealing!

Freedom1Man

Not to threadjack, but how the hell can that be a valid order?

I could see a judge ordering someone to give up a CPL, but how the hell can you be able to carry with a CPL but not openly without, when the latter is because of a constitutional right?

I hope you're appealing!

There is a thread about it, Washington State Convention Center.
It is being appealed but according to an attorney the Judge is very anti-gun and put words into the law that were simply not there.

1911er

Central Dock @ the Port Orchard Public Market

I have been enjoying the company of the staff at the central Dock while I have my evening coffee great staff. I went into Dave's Loan and guns today and they told me that their new policy is no one who open carries can handle any guns so I told them they lost a sale and a customer . What kind of horse **** policy is that?