• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SC House passes Constitutional Carry

77zach

Open carry would still be illegal?

The Senate won't pass it, SC's senate situation is usually similar to Florida's.

WalkingWolf

The problem is getting out of committee in the Senate, which I have my doubts about Senator Larry Martin. He is offended by open carry,"You can carry a weapon openly if this bill is adopted and I'm offended by that," said committee chair Sen. Larry Martin (R-Pickens). The question is he offended by permit less carry, the people of SC need to get him voted out of office.

77zach

If it's only the Senate judiciary committee chair that is the problem I hope to see this amended back to full constitutional carry after it gets passed him. I doubt either will happen though.

nightstryke

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess121_2015-2016/bills/3025.htm

HB 3025. Open carry is still illegal. Wow, keep the right in the closet. Crazy how anti gun this is.

Welcome to SC.

Yeah all it really does is make conceal carry optional to get a permit or not.
Which as "RINO" Larry Martin has said "He doesn't see the need to change the permit system."

Obviously he's going to block this or make sure it dies in the Senate.

I really really miss Arizona...

sudden valley gunner

Yeah all it really does is make conceal carry optional to get a permit or not.Which as "RINO" Larry Martin has said "He doesn't see the need to change the permit system."Obviously he's going to block this or make sure it dies in the Senate.I really really miss Arizona...
RINO? That is the R party.....

nightstryke

Well the Senate "Judiciary Sub-Committee" didn't do a damn thing, big shocker there.

Instead of working on H.3025 or anything on thursday they ducked out early to go golf or whatever it is corrupt politicians do.

So H.3025 is dead.

Last edited:

press1280

Well the Senate "Judiciary Sub-Committee" didn't do a damn thing, big shocker there.

Instead of working on H.3025 or anything on thursday they ducked out early to go golf or whatever it is corrupt politicians do.

So H.3025 is dead.

At what point do these particular individuals holding up gun bills in SC get removed from office?