• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison County makes 790.25 moot?

conandan

It seems Madison County is in violation of state law. I guess they will be seeing a lawsuit before to long.

notalawyer

It seems Madison County is in violation of state law. I guess they will be seeing a lawsuit before to long.

Won't take a lawsuit. A letter will do just fine.

Lots of counties and municipalities still have old signs up and don't do anything about them until someone complains.

P.S. This has nothing, at all, to do with 790.25.

Last edited:

conandan

Won't take a lawsuit. A letter will do just fine.

Lots of counties and municipalities still have old signs up and don't do anything about them until someone complains.

I am not familial with Madison County politics. But I would be surprised if a simple letter informing them of the law would get it fixed. But I could be wrong.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Looks like this site didn't even exist prior to 790.25(3)(h), so the sign/county was in violation at/since it's inception.

I'll hand-deliver a letter, however, I'm certain to be leaned on for doing it and there won't be any changes made...

Rich7553

I'll put it in our violations database. Let me know if they respond to your letter. The next one will come from our general counsel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'll put it in our violations database. Let me know if they respond to your letter. The next one will come from our general counsel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Since these people hide behind illegal "no guns allowed" zones, I chose to send an email instead of the hand-delivered letter as previously intended.

So far, no response.

I used the contact data found here: http://www.madisoncountyfl.com/cd-recreation.aspx

Last edited:

notalawyer

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
So...go. Simply ignore the unlawful, unenforceable sign. :uhoh:
Being executed on sight doesn't sound fun to me. Fix it in the report, etc...

If I weren't flying solo I'd consider it.

Also, that contact email appears to be broken/unattended: mail delivery sub-system failure.

I'd like to at least make an effort to inform before... Not just to stay alive, but to be educational the easy way before being educational the hard way... I may hate government with a seething, unquenchable passion the likes of which only God could describe, but I can still put the civilized foot forward first. If it is to be ugly, it won't be me who made it so. Making an effort. Doing research to be sure they don't have a legitimate claim, etc... I'm sure no one here would miss me, so Internet Advice isn't where I stop.

I'm still waiting for the only handgun, for which I possess an OC holster, to come back from a warranty repair. You guys would all piss and moan if I slung my RFB or Hellpup...

Lake Francis is only a few blocks away from the opulent courthouse... If there is an LE response, one can be certain it will be spectacular and macho...

Last edited: