• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had lunch with 3 LEO's and both my wife and I got detained

FTG-05

Took our dog to the vet - again - for her ACL/LCL/ALCU/LSD/whatever surgery for the umteenth time. Said they had to do some work on her (drain the surgery site), could we go run some errands and come back in an hour. Happened before, prolly happen again, no big surprise there. So we decided to go to lunch.

The lunch place we went to is a cool little hole in the wall, about a mile or so SW of downtown Pulaski, TN. Real nice place, we've been there before. The owner is both hot, very nice and very hot. (Don't mention the hot part to my wife, ok?). Walk in, place is full (pretty small place), and we take a seat at the counter, the only two seats left.

Get settled in, get our drink order in and I take a casual look around. Oh, that's interesting: two of three guys against the back wall table have sidearms, can't see the third guys right side due to the way he's sitting, but his demeanor and clothing and the little badge thingie embroidered on his casual shirt pretty much make clear he's one too. Of course, my well maintained and shiny brand new (read: dirty as heck, been in the field bushhogging and god knows what else) S&W 329PD is right there hanging out on my right side for the all the world to see, including the three local (I think) gendarmes.

Got our lunch order, ate our lunch and then just after they got up to pay the cashier, we were done and did the same thing.

My wife was the first to be detained. As she was attempting to open the door with a drink in one hand and a to-go box in the other, one of the LEO's went forward and helped her with the door. I saw this as I was just leaving the tip on the table. As he got back into the line just before me, I thanked him and told him that I appreciated it. He said no problem.

Then I was detained.

Last edited:

Fallguy

If you were detained and just asked to produce your HCP that is completely acceptable, and somewhat expected, the way current TN law is written.

Not that I personally agree with it.

bc.cruiser

Detained....by the cashier; she had his "paperwork" and would not let him go until he paid.
Detained....wife was outside, and the "hot" owner detained his attention.

HPmatt

Maybe they each wanted to-go detainer for their leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTG-05

Oh crap, I totally forgot about this! Teach me to post something just before my wife calls me to dinner!!! :banghead:

Someone above had it right: I was detained waiting in line behind the three cops while they paid for their food. And yea, it probably would have gone a lot faster (or seemed to) if the hot owner was still there, but she left a couple minutes before. The cops sure enjoyed looking at her though, I noticed.

Anyway, I thought it would make for a funny thread, too bad I screwed it up....... :banghead:

Sorry 'bout that!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Well, if she's that good-looking, post her picture, so we can all weigh in on the matter! ;)

"Honey, sweetie, I have to go to that little hole in the wall place again. The guys want a picture of the hawt owner I told the guys about. You want me to bring you back anything?"

Let us know when the folks in Physical Therapy say you can use a computer again.:lol:

stay safe.

FTG-05

"Honey, sweetie, I have to go to that little hole in the wall place again. The guys want a picture of the hawt owner I told the guys about. You want me to bring you back anything?"

Let us know when the folks in Physical Therapy say you can use a computer again.:lol:

stay safe.

More like you would see a headline like this: "Man killed by wife, shot multiple times, ruled a justifiable homicide!" :shocker:

Having said that, I have noticed that none of my fellow TN (or north AL) members have asked where this hole in the wall is located...... Just sayin'.

FTG-05

If you were detained and just asked to produce your HCP that is completely acceptable, and somewhat expected, the way current TN law is written.

Not that I personally agree with it.

You remind of that guy that was in this documentary on space a year or so ago: Nothing went over his head, his reflexes were so fast, he would catch it!!! :lol:

Fallschirjmäger

But is he correct? Is mere knowledge of a firearm in Tennessee is prima facie evidence of a crime?

39-17-1307. Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon.
(a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm, a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches (4²), or a club.

39-17-1308. Defenses to unlawful possession or carrying of a weapon.
(a) It is a defense to the application of § 39-17-1307 if the possession or carrying was:
(2) By a person authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to § 39-17-1315* or § 39-17-1351;​

*39-17-1315 - Written directive and permit to carry handguns (law enforcement exception) and 39-17-1351 - Handgun carry permits.

Dirk platinum

But is he correct? Is mere knowledge of a firearm in Tennessee is prima facie evidence of a crime?

39-17-1307. Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon.
(a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm, a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches (4²), or a club.

39-17-1308. Defenses to unlawful possession or carrying of a weapon.
(a) It is a defense to the application of § 39-17-1307 if the possession or carrying was:
(2) By a person authorized to possess or carry a firearm pursuant to § 39-17-1315* or § 39-17-1351;​

*39-17-1315 - Written directive and permit to carry handguns (law enforcement exception) and 39-17-1351 - Handgun carry permits.

The knife part ain't so anymore . Knives are fully unregulated now .

FTG-05

They grabbed him as he was posting !

Sure are a lot of people trying to turn a humor thread into something serious!

Having said that: I have a 8 month old female puppy that needs to be fixed. Time to go back to the vet (and lunch at the hole in the wall with the hot owner!).

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sure are a lot of people trying to turn a humor thread into something serious!

Having said that: I have a 8 month old female puppy that needs to be fixed. Time to go back to the vet (and lunch at the hole in the wall with the hot owner!).

What did you do to that little puppy that it now needs to be fixed?