• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police called on police story

Fallschirjmäger

And that's why you always make such illegal calls from a public <redacted> or from your super secret squirrel <redacted> that you remove the battery from afterwards.

Serves him right for trying to cause trouble with a call like that.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And that's why you always make such illegal calls from a public <redacted> or from your super secret squirrel <redacted> that you remove the battery from afterwards.

Serves him right for trying to cause trouble with a call like that.

When was the last time you saw a public <redacted>, let alone one that worked?

Prices have gone up a bit, but super secret squirrel <redacted>s can still be had for cash at most stop&robs. Some of the rechargable* ones make getting into the battery very difficult. I've found that an 8-pound engineer's hammer works well getting into that compartment and then turning the battery into a recyclable.

stay safe.

* - pro tip: charge them from a wall wart do not use your computer

Fallschirjmäger

Fifty-nine in my little podunk town according to <redacted>. Of those I know for certain about half a dozen. Lakeland Plaza, the City Hospital, the Nursing Home, Dairy Queen, Shoney's, and Bald Ridge Marina.

But you are right, they are a Very fast disappearing animal.

Last edited:

DeSchaine

Hmm. Interesting concept. I wonder if that same thought process can be applied to a certain case here in MI. Thanks for this, I'm posting a bit about it in the MI forum.

adk_mechetech

Hmm, makes me continue to think twice about OC here. This was in my town, not 5 miles from my house. I have yet to OC, other than once this weekend for like 5 min. at the transfer station (accidentally). No issues as I was just going about my business just like everyone else. Stories like this just show how far the antis will go to prove a point, no matter how wrong they may be.

I realize this guy may have just had a beef with the LEO or authority, but being that he mentioned the firearm specifically is telling. I hope he gets what he deserves, even though I know it won't change his warped perception of reality.

WalkingWolf

Hmm, makes me continue to think twice about OC here. This was in my town, not 5 miles from my house. I have yet to OC, other than once this weekend for like 5 min. at the transfer station (accidentally). No issues as I was just going about my business just like everyone else. Stories like this just show how far the antis will go to prove a point, no matter how wrong they may be.

I realize this guy may have just had a beef with the LEO or authority, but being that he mentioned the firearm specifically is telling. I hope he gets what he deserves, even though I know it won't change his warped perception of reality.

So far callers are not charged who intentionally call about a legally armed citizen. Until that happens this man should not be charged. The law is for everybody.

adk_mechetech

So what I am getting out of the report is basically:

The cops showed up to investigate the call (knowing it was an officer and not a looney with a gun), they found Mr. Gagne and questioned him, he said something that made it obvious he knew it was an officer, and he now faces charges for misuse of the 911 system.

Is the moral of the story KYBMS when talking to police? It seems that if he just stuck with his story and feigned ignorance, he probably would not have been charged. The article mentions that it was a CT state cruiser, but doesn't say if it was unmarked or not.

So far callers are not charged who intentionally call about a legally armed citizen. Until that happens this man should not be charged. The law is for everybody.

I agree 100%, no arguments there. I haven't heard any stores recently about 911 calls about citizens legally carrying or how 911 operators/officers handle the situation. Like I said, I'm still feeling out OC at the moment.

Being that Gange refused to give details, the 911 operator/officer responding needed to make a judgement call on whether to respond or not. In this situation I believe they probably did the right thing. On the other hand, had Gage kept talking instead of hanging up, the operator could have asked about the behavior or the individual in question and informed him that open or concealed carry is legal in CT.

I guess my point is/was, he got what he deserved for being an idiot, not for calling the cops on what he tried to play off as a citizen legally carrying a firearm. *just clarifying my other post a bit*

OC for ME

Responding to a call for service while emergency lights and siren are activated poses an increased risk and inconvenience to the Trooper, the public, and especially those requesting police service who now must wait an extended period of time as Troopers are diverted to “fake” calls.

In addition to Troopers and Police Officer, a false 911 call may also require the response of fire departments and emergency medical services. It can also lead to putting schools, business and neighborhoods in lockdown.

The valuable resources of the Connecticut State Police, municipal police, and other first responders cannot be wasted on responding to false incidents. We take every 911 call for service seriously

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=569466&A=4226
The cops state that it was a trooper cruiser, they do not state that it is a marked trooper cruiser, only that it is obvious (according to them) that it was a cruiser.

OC for ME

The cops state that it was a trooper cruiser, they do not state that it is a marked trooper cruiser, only that it is obvious (according to them) that it was a cruiser.
The irony drips thick from [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]Dr. Dora B. Schriro, Commissioner[/FONT].

She certainly does not hold these inconveniences as a issue when the focus of the caller is a LAC with a OCed handgun...somebody please ask her.

adk_mechetech

The irony drips thick from [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Geneva]Dr. Dora B. Schriro, Commissioner[/FONT].

She certainly does not hold these inconveniences as a issue when the focus of the caller is a LAC with a OCed handgun...somebody please ask her.

Irony, maybe. Double standard, absolutely. It's only an issue when it fits your agenda....

lukaszu

Nothing will happen

Charges want stick. From what I read there is no way cops can prove he knew. Even tho it's obvious he has trying to set it up. That's why he kept hanging up.

adk_mechetech

Charges want stick. From what I read there is no way cops can prove he knew. Even tho it's obvious he has trying to set it up. That's why he kept hanging up.

Reading between the lines, i'm assuming he said something when the police made contact with him that made it obvious he knew. No mention of what exactly was said, I just figured he said something stupid and admitted he knew.