• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Received my non-resident permit with a letter.

adk_mechetech

As the title says, I just got my non-Resident UT permit today in the mail. This is just over 3 weeks since my payment was processed.

My question is regarding the FBI background check and fingerprints. The letter says that the permit they issued is contingent on the background check and fingerprints processing. It says that if the prints are rejected, or the background check comes back with something disqualifying that it will be revoked. Is this standard, to issue the permit immediately and then wait for the info to come back? I'm not worried about it, but it seems a little strange to handle it that way.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have not heard of them doing that before.

"By Utah statute, Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation has sixty (60) days from the time they start ‘ processing ‘ your application although it rarely takes that long. They officially start ‘processing’ your application when they /process your payment (check your bank account or card statement)."
http://www.utahccwcarry.com/faq/

utbagpiper

Banned
Is this standard, to issue the permit immediately and then wait for the info to come back? I'm not worried about it, but it seems a little strange to handle it that way.

This is standard for the Utah permit. If the prints look good (ie readable), and there isn't an immediate hit on them or your other info, or some other reason to deny the permit, the permit is issued within the statutory time frame. If something comes back from the FBI after the permit is issued, the permit can be yanked.

The letter is mostly lawyer CYA kind of stuff.

Charles