• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Showing ID to police

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
There are a lot of members here who always record, as well as advocate recording. I guess since you insulted these members, including I, I guess you will not mind the return. IMO anybody who does not record while carrying might have an IQ lower than 50.

Yes youtube has changed things, many convictions, and prosecutions have been stopped or overturned. But maybe you prefer to play pick up the soap in the shower of the gray bar hotel, and not be a drama queen.

Sorry Grape but his post was a clear insult.
What makes your opinion carry more weight than Nang pa?

I could personally resent your opinion that "anybody who does not record while carrying might have an IQ lower than 50." I have an I-phone with recording ability, but being prepared to utilize it in any situation is questionable. Now, I would put my IQ up against yours any day, but proving nothing. Your being insulted versus disagreeing are two different things.

I'm just say'n.....

Last edited:

F350

I heard that the drama queens are boycotting the Oscars.

The cops complain that these drama queens are just baiting them. Then Daaaa - don't take the bait. Of course when the cops bait the citizen they call it a sting operation.

While recovering from double knee replacements I watched a cop show called "Bait Car"; funny thing, I never saw someone caught stealing the bait car that didn't already have an extensive criminal record. If the cops abuse the "Drama Queen's" rights while on video..... What do they do when no one is watching????????

A RIGHT is not to be surrendered willingly; I have buddies who sacrificed too (dang) much to just give it away!

countryclubjoe

Some of those youtube videos are entertaining, some also point out the ignorance of some LEO's, while some show folks exercising their 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms, putting the ignorant LEO in his/her place. Also having a video recording simply for routine traffic stops is a "smart thing" to do.

I never venture out into cop land without my video recorder, and hopefully I will NEVER need to use it.

Regards

CCJ

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Possible flow of conversation (I don't use the term RAS with them as they seem ignorant of the accronym)

Cop: Can I see some ID please
Me: Am I being detained, Officer?
Cop: At the moment, yes.
Me: probably cause?
Cop: You have a gun.
Me Not valid probable cause as per US v Deberry, which states the bearing of arms is not sufficient reason to be detained, therefore I am free to go, unless you can articulate a suspicion that I have, am committing or will imminently commit a crime,

At which point he will probably resist to which I will make it clear, that I am leaving and he would have to murder me in cold blood to make me to otherwise so he should either pull the trigger or let me go.

There are so many variations it's unreal but in any case, police are public servants and must be made accountable for their actions. No RAS = No ID

I have had a LEO problem once. It was not about the weapon, it was about the LEO being a bully. Problem is he was a bully with a gun and he thought he had a license to use it. 99.99% of my local LEO contact is positive. That said, my policy is to not answer any questions. I respond with another question. "Why do you have a gun?"...."Why do you ask?" and on and on.

Jumping is not the hard part. The quality of the landing is the most important factor.
I had a Sergeant Major that demanded PLFs (parachute landing fall), even if it was a step off landing. If you did not hit ground and fall down like a Proper Troopie, he knocked your butt down. What fun.

....... IMO anybody who does not record while carrying might have an IQ lower than 50.

Sorry Grape but This post was a clear insult.

I do not record. I keep grudges............they keep the memory sharp

WalkingWolf

What makes your opinion carry more weight than Nang pa?

I could personally resent your opinion that "anybody who does not record while carrying might have an IQ lower than 50." I have an I-phone with recording ability, but being prepared to utilize it in any situation is questionable. Now, I would put my IQ up against yours any day, but proving nothing. Your being insulted versus disagreeing are two different things.

I'm just say'n.....

My opinion was only intended for one poster. Who probably called half the members here "drama queens". I personally don't care whether a person records or not, though it is them that have to deal with lack of evidence in case of being railroaded. I repeat he did not just post an opinion, he added an insult. I am sure your IQ is high enough to catch that.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
My opinion was only intended for one poster. Who probably called half the members here "drama queens". I personally don't care whether a person records or not, though it is them that have to deal with lack of evidence in case of being railroaded. I repeat he did not just post an opinion, he added an insult. I am sure your IQ is high enough to catch that.
I gave you a gentlemen's way out, but you chose to insult me.

WalkingWolf

I gave you a gentlemen's way out, but you chose to insult me.

NO I DID NOT! Unless you think saying you have an IQ high enough to understand someone using "drama queen" to insult is an insult, then I guess I accidentally did. As I tried to tell you before my comment was intended for the spade calling others a spade.

Am I wrong, are you not bright enough to get that? He intended on upsetting members who we all know record, and some of them post them on youtube. Some very well respected members. Now do you think they are drama queens?

Are you really going to get your knickers in a bind over a person obviously trolling? I admit I should not have fed him, but I did not expect you to care for his wounds.

Now you can accept my apology if I stepped on your toes, or you can continue this wetting contest.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

A year may be two years ago, there was a poster here that went by the name "ONUS", he did much filming of LEO, either on roadblocks or open carrying, etc... I actually gave him much credit for challenging the local PD and some federal agency's, he had balls! however many on this forum mocked him and did not support what he was doing. However if we had more citizens policing the police and educating folks about our rights, not just about our RKBA but about all our rights, the country would be a much more pleasant place to raise our families. Lets ask ourselves this question, who is a bigger threat to us and our families, The uneducated, unsupervised, unaccountable LEO or the nagging sometimes obnoxious "drama queen" looking for some youtube exposer? The answer is simple even for us folks with not so high IQ's..

I'M off to watch youtube and some open carries educate the uneducated!

My .02
Regards
CCJ

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
There are a lot of members here who always record, as well as advocate recording. I guess since you insulted these members, including I, I guess you will not mind the return. IMO anybody who does not record while carrying might have an IQ lower than 50.

Yes youtube has changed things, many convictions, and prosecutions have been stopped or overturned. But maybe you prefer to play pick up the soap in the shower of the gray bar hotel, and not be a drama queen.

I would disagree about recording all the time ... after all, its potentially evidence that could hurt you.

Nang pa

My post wasn't an insult for forum members. Try not to take things so personally.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The nature of drama queens forces them to find something to post about. If not guns they would carry swords or somesuch.

I love their videos, are you kidding? Watching people get all bent out of shape for carrying (or recording -- the most hilarious of vids of all) or doing other such legal things and watching folks go crazy over it.

Even people who burn the flag and watching people get all upset over that ....

WalkingWolf

My post wasn't an insult for forum members. Try not to take things so personally.

Were you not aware that members here record, and post on youtube. How many months have you been here? Maybe before you make an inflammatory post you should know the site you are on. Your actions were very ignorant.

whiskycut

My only problem with these cop block videos or ******* cop videos, is we rarely see the aftermath. Did it go to court? Was there any repercussions at all. Need to finish the story

davidmcbeth

Banned
My only problem with these cop block videos or ******* cop videos, is we rarely see the aftermath. Did it go to court? Was there any repercussions at all. Need to finish the story

Most videos do show the end result .. the cops go away after puffing out their chest and finding out that they cannot intimidate the recorder.

With people who get arrested, most are smart and remain silent when a pending case is still pending. When over, if successful, many records are not as easily accessible as when people are found guilty (some degree of record erasure occurs). When successful in a criminal trial (4th amendment issues usually not followed up until after the criminal issues are resolved) and now a civil proceeding is on-going and the complainants are not going to discuss their case in detail.

You are free to go to a courthouse or online and search out such cases ... you'll find them. Don't expect data to fall from the skies into your lap. If your hypothesis is that outcomes are not good for citizens then you need to provide us data to support this idea.

stealthyeliminator

You answered your own question. YouTube. These drama queens are just trying to get views to their channel, and that's the only reason.

This is BS. Simple as that. You can come back and say oh, it was only directed at certain people, or whatever, trying to crawfish, but the simple truth is that what you posted is BS.

If you want simple answers to OP that are not BS, here they are.

Hi, in a lot of the open carry videos on YouTube I see people refusing to show their ID to police when asked. Is there a reason for this?
Yes.

I know in a lot of states you don't have to, but why wouldn't you?
If you go to the homepage, opencarry.org, and look at the top right of the page, you will see “A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost.” That's one good reason right there.

All it seems to do is create hostility which is the last thing you want.
Speak for yourself. The last thing I want is for my freedom and liberty to be eroded and my having done nothing to stop it. I can endure a little hostility, I can get over being disliked by a cop or two, if it helps preserve or expand my liberty.

If you have no criminal record and you're legally able to own and carry a gun, why not just let them run a background check?
See above. And please consider that if the 4th amendment was written just to protect the guilty, it probably would have never been adopted. It was written to protect liberty. If you think that innocent people shouldn't use the protections in the 4th amendment, then why the hell do we have it in the first place?

countryclubjoe

This is BS. Simple as that. You can come back and say oh, it was only directed at certain people, or whatever, trying to crawfish, but the simple truth is that what you posted is BS.

If you want simple answers to OP that are not BS, here they are.

Yes.

If you go to the homepage, opencarry.org, and look at the top right of the page, you will see “A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost.” That's one good reason right there.

Speak for yourself. The last thing I want is for my freedom and liberty to be eroded and my having done nothing to stop it. I can endure a little hostility, I can get over being disliked by a cop or two, if it helps preserve or expand my liberty.

See above. And please consider that if the 4th amendment was written just to protect the guilty, it probably would have never been adopted. It was written to protect liberty. If you think that innocent people shouldn't use the protections in the 4th amendment, then why the hell do we have it in the first place?

OUTSTANDING! PLUS 1000000000000000000000
Regards
CCJ

WalkingWolf

Granted he has only been here 5 months, but I would think he would have picked up on the direction of this site. Speaking for myself I do not just recognize gun rights, I recognize the whole package, the big picture, the BILL OF RIGHTS.

I would suggest that people be careful of name calling when they have been around such a short time as to know whose toes they are stepping on.