• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Craigslist thief tries to steal from wrong guy

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Does not sound like a lawful shoot. Need lots more info to begin to decide.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Does not sound like a lawful shoot. Need lots more info to begin to decide.

stay safe.

Of course it was lawful ... he pulled the trigger, hammer came down, primer ignited main power charge, main powder charge exploded, gas from explosion propelled projectile. Sounds like all the laws of physics were accounted for.

I'd give him a certificate of appreciation.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Ha ha, and the other car with the other bad guy is suspected of having bullet holes in it. The cops will whine and whine about that being illegal, and yet they will use it as evidence if they actually find the guy, in which it will greatly help.

I won't tell people to do it, but...

It's a better world when they do.

The real issue is that it's a rare time when it can be done without serious risk to collateral damage.

Last edited: