• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meetup and Range Time

PATRIOT88

Banned
I am considering a meetup in Hickory Wednesday or even tomorrow. Meet outside Hickory Café and Arcade, 221 1st Avenue NW in downtown Hickory before noon and then go to the range in Conover on Timber Ridge Road.

PATRIOT88

Banned
If this gets a good outcome or even any outcome at all, I will consider planning something in Charlotte or other areas.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Weekends would likely attract more people. Also more lead time would help. Jus' sayin'.

solus

patriot...thank you for the kind offer this time and as much as the hickory cafe gourmet cuisine sounds exquisite ~ you are 4 hours away, one way!

that said, i do get to Greensboro periodically and meet up with a OC'g member for lunch/early dinner. i am working on a trip first week of April, would a weekday be amenable to your schedule to meet up?

that stated...i am toddling down to wilmington Sunday to tag up with an OC'r for brunch if you wish to meet up at 5 guys...(almost 5 hours one way from the cafe)

hang in there till april?

papa care to come down to hickory?

ipse

Last edited:

PATRIOT88

Banned
Not sure if I will have the time in April. Hoping for a wild boar hunt and/or turkey hunts then. Whole point of this meet is for practice so I can get good enough to down a boar or turkey.

PerBast

Greensboro area

patriot...thank you for the kind offer this time and as much as the hickory cafe gourmet cuisine sounds exquisite ~ you are 4 hours away, one way!

that said, i do get to Greensboro periodically and meet up with a OC'g member for lunch/early dinner. i am working on a trip first week of April, would a weekday be amenable to your schedule to meet up?

that stated...i am toddling down to wilmington Sunday to tag up with an OC'r for brunch if you wish to meet up at 5 guys...(almost 5 hours one way from the cafe)

hang in there till april?

papa care to come down to hickory?

ipse

Solus, should you come into Greensboro at some point post your visit. I and my wife would like to get together with other OC'ers.

Michael

solus

Solus, should you come into Greensboro at some point post your visit. I and my wife would like to get together with other OC'ers.

Michael

most gracious invitation... during the week viable meeting to schedule?

let's chat privately about my upcoming April sojourn...

ipse

PATRIOT88

Banned
Didn't see anyone today. Going to try tomorrow. If the same result, then Ill reschedule for Friday. It will be same time. Friday is 65-70....so Id rather do a nice day than risk rain Saturday and Sunday. Going to try for 3-5 hours of range time, ending at 5 pm.

nobama

Didn't see anyone today. Going to try tomorrow. If the same result, then Ill reschedule for Friday. It will be same time. Friday is 65-70....so Id rather do a nice day than risk rain Saturday and Sunday. Going to try for 3-5 hours of range time, ending at 5 pm.

Thanks for the invite, but too far for me right now. BTW, what kind of shotgun and loads are you working up for turkey season?

PerBast

Meet up

I too would love to join in the fun. But Mon through Fri is filled with work.

Michael

PATRIOT88

Banned
Friday, 3/18 starting at noon is the best I can do. Its not as nice Saturday and it will rain in both Hickory and Conover.