• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSchaine

One dead and a bunch injured in an attack with a car (a beautiful Challenger, damn shame), two VA State troopers dead in a chopper crash. No word on WHY the chopper went down though. I saw something about Gov. McDippy putting the Guard on standby. Oh, and the NHL/Red Wings are moving to sue the ever loving dog mess out of some group from here in MI for using the "winged wheel" logo. Thats about the size of it so far.

TFred

The below quote was just posted on the VCDL PAC Facebook page.

TFred

Today was an ugly day in Charlottesville. We can debate 1st Amendment rights vs hate speech until Doomsday. This page is not the place.

What IS the place of this page, is the SECOND Amendment right to the ownership of firearms. THAT news from Charlottesville today is all well and good. We have seen fistfights galore. We have seen people using pepper spray. We have even seen footage of folks marching around with AR-15s, whether this was from today, or stock footage to pump up the ratings is anyone's guess. What we have NOT seen is the FIRST HINT OF GUNFIRE. The one thing we know for sure is that ANYONE carrying in Charlottesville today kept their cool, their patience, and their discipline. We all know the media well enough. ANY gunshot whatsoever would have knocked the whole car thing RIGHT off the news cycle. NOTHING!

That's a damned good day from where I sit!

Our sympathies to the three injured, and the family of the victim of that IDIOT from Ohio!

countryclubjoe

Just heard on CNN that the DOJ is getting involved. Looking at civil rights and possibly hate crime violations.. Looks like second degree murder chargers against the operator of the vehicle that killed the young lady. Brings back memories from the 60s... Sad times for all of us..

Thanks for the update folks..

My .02
Regards
CCJ

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Just heard on CNN that the DOJ is getting involved. Looking at civil rights and possibly hate crime violations.. Looks like second degree murder chargers against the operator of the vehicle that killed the young lady. Brings back memories from the 60s... Sad times for all of us..

Thanks for the update folks..

My .02
Regards
CCJ
And those 1967 and 1968 riots helped usher in the unconstitutional gun control Act.

WalkingWolf

I have a simple solution to the statue controversy. Sell the statues to private persons to erect on private property. The cities, and states make some money, and the snowflakes have to still see the statues, and there would be nothing they could do, but close their eyes.

Also for every statue taken down, put up 10 billboards with image of the statue. This nonsense would stop fast.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The published history of the Act lays the cause on the assassinations of JFK (1963), MLK (1968) and RFK (1968).

Among others;
  • Michaud, Jon. "The Birth of the Modern Gun Debate" (April 19, 2012). The New Yorker. Condé Nast.
  • Bugliosi, Vincent. Reclaiming History: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy. (W.W. Norton & Co., 2007)p. 200. ISBN 978-0-393-04525-3.
  • Rosenfeld, Steven. "The NRA once supported gun control". (Salon, January 14, 2013).
I'm quite aware of that. If you noticed I said "helped usher in." There were many guns on the streets during the 1967 and 1978 riots in Cincinnati. Though I was only 17 and 18 during that time there were many that carried guns.

countryclubjoe

I have a simple solution to the statue controversy. Sell the statues to private persons to erect on private property. The cities, and states make some money, and the snowflakes have to still see the statues, and there would be nothing they could do, but close their eyes.

Also for every statue taken down, put up 10 billboards with image of the statue. This nonsense would stop fast.

WW- Great Advice! Those statues would indeed enhance the architectural beauty of those DOUBLE-WIDES.. You are an architectural genius!

Regarding the 10 billboards, who do you feel should fit the bill for the advertising of said images on the billboards? May be the snowflakes?

How many statues do you have on your property?.. How many " GLORY SUITS do you own?..

WW--- I so look forward to your next brilliant solution for eliminating the (nonsense-hate). You deserve a ' Humanitarian" award for your brilliant suggestions.:roll eyes:

CCJ

countryclubjoe

^^^^^^^^
I really must wonder if there was truly a point of that post.

B

Familiarize yourself with the term ' Glory Suit"".. Then you shall solve your wonderment.

What are your thoughts on the brilliant solution espoused by WW?.

My .02
CCJ

Last edited:

gutshot II

WW- Great Advice! Those statues would indeed enhance the architectural beauty of those DOUBLE-WIDES.. You are an architectural genius!

Regarding the 10 billboards, who do you feel should fit the bill for the advertising of said images on the billboards? May be the snowflakes?

How many statues do you have on your property?.. How many " GLORY SUITS do you own?..

WW--- I so look forward to your next brilliant solution for eliminating the (nonsense-hate). You deserve a ' Humanitarian" award for your brilliant suggestions.:roll eyes:

CCJ

Another "civil discussion" from CCJ. Notice this is in the Virginia subforum. CCJ claims that he is especially "civil" in the state forums and leaves his worst spleen for the "General Discussion" and "Social Lounge" forums where it should be expected and accepted. I guess this is his best attempt at civility, since he didn't call anybody a shoe shine boy again. Civility in its most sincere form!

scooter348

CCJ

Did you seriously just accuse WW of being a KKK member?

Fallschirjmäger

I thought it was already well established that certain august members will say anything, just to try and provoke a reaction for their own sophomoric enjoyment?

Go ahead and respond if you wish, but don't think you're accomplishing anything more than providing enjoyment for someone to read and have a sensible chuckle about.

countryclubjoe

Another "civil discussion" from CCJ. Notice this is in the Virginia subforum. CCJ claims that he is especially "civil" in the state forums and leaves his worst spleen for the "General Discussion" and "Social Lounge" forums where it should be expected and accepted. I guess this is his best attempt at civility, since he didn't call anybody a shoe shine boy again. Civility in its most sincere form!

So you feel that WW post #8 is civil? Interesting that birds of a feather do indeed fly together..

How many statues do you own?

CCJ

countryclubjoe

I thought it was already well established that certain august members will say anything, just to try and provoke a reaction for their own sophomoric enjoyment?

Go ahead and respond if you wish, but don't think you're accomplishing anything more than providing enjoyment for someone to read and have a sensible chuckle about.

Please post your opinion on post # 8... How many statues do you have on your property?

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Yes he did.

What next OCDO?

Where in my post did I call anyone a KKK member? Post #8 is clearly more poisonous than my redress..

The text of post number eight sounds like the rhetoric of those white supremacy ignorant folks that espouse hate everywhere they go..

" Believe me Sir, there is not in the United States a man who more cordially loves the white race more than I do. But by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield a connection to the alt-right, white supremacy proposes concerning bigotry and hatred. I think I speak the sentiments of Most Americans"..

CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.