• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying on private property-- permit required?

Afrowq

I don't have any kind of gun permit. Let's say I'm at a friend's house, business or a church function on private property and I want to carry. The property owners are fine with me carrying despite no permission from the crown to do so.

Am I breaking the law? Do I have to have a permit even if private property owners say they're fine with me carrying?

Thank you!

solus

No permit required to carry on private in NC with owner's permission.

http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9635

er gov’, clearing me throat, uh sir, beg’g your pardon, they posted the query in the Volunteer State sub forum, they did milord...

also if i might be so bold milord, that there cite ye posted re the Tarheel state...uh, tis prudy olde milord...and from sucky sources...uh one cited source folded in ‘07...

humbly stated of course milord...

Last edited:

Afrowq

Criminaldefenselawyer.com

Hm, yeah, anyone got any sources a little more trustworthy, lol

solus

tis late, past the witching hour, so if you can wait till the morn, tried to look some stuff up at handgun but my eyes crossed so w/your indulgence i shall do dilligence and get back to you mid morn...

ttfn

solus

tis late, past the witching hour, so if you can wait till the morn, tried to look some stuff up at handgun but my eyes crossed so w/your indulgence i shall do dilligence and get back to you mid morn...

ttfn

The trouble is TN law makes it illegal to posses a firearm in general. It then provides one or two exceptions and several defenses. The thing with defenses is, they are up to you to prove...either to a LEO or to the court.

See TN law at www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode Look at 39-17-1307 & 39-17-1308

thanks Fallguy...owe ya a cup or joe or chai my next trip through if you're game!

Last edited: