• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private Property Question

Mr H

Been a long time since I've dropped by, but I could use some guidance...

My wife owns part of a family farm in Logan County, and we will need to go look over the place now that the house is abandoned and the long-timers are out of the house.

My question is, basically, when we're on the property will it be OK to carry something with ratshot, in case we encounter any vermin? What about human-grade protection?

Thanks in advance!

On YOUR property you can have anything that's legal in IL.

Other then someone calling and claiming your disturbing the peace by brandishing a firearm your fine.

Disturbing the piece is ANYTHING that anyone finds disturbing, they could call on your plaid shirt that offends them and it like your firearm is their discretion what they do.

In other words if your not pointing it at someone, your fine.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Other then someone calling and claiming your disturbing the peace by brandishing a firearm your fine.

Disturbing the piece is ANYTHING that anyone finds disturbing, they could call on your plaid shirt that offends them and it like your firearm is their discretion what they do.

Don't paint with too broad a brush - horses are legal in Illinois.

Calls are cheap - IMHO disturbing the peace requires that the action be performed in an unreasonable manner.

The discretion is up to the deciders of fact.

Calls are cheap - IMHO disturbing the peace requires that the action be performed in an unreasonable manner.

Anyone can have a horse on their property, I didn't say you could keep it there (after the party) :banana:

Calls are cheap with the "cell phone" invention, there's a lot more bs.

Unfortunately I found the only way to even get a police to respond anymore is last thing I say last thing is "Is it legal to discharge a firearm in the city" and hang up. :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyone can have a horse on their property, I didn't say you could keep it there (after the party) :banana:

Unfortunately I found the only way to even get a police to respond anymore is last thing I say last thing is "Is it legal to discharge a firearm in the city" and hang up. :banghead:

No anyone may not have a horse on their property.

WalkingWolf

Never mind, year old thread. I have to learn to check that date before responding. Duhhhhhh

Last edited:

Other then maybe Chicago where you might need to get an amusement license or pay some huge tax.

I've never heard of a town that wouldn't allow someone to bring in horses for a birthday party ride.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Other then maybe Chicago where you might need to get an amusement license or pay some huge tax.

I've never heard of a town that wouldn't allow someone to bring in horses for a birthday party ride.

Now you are misleading, saying things were not as said.
Am I being jerked around for someone's amusement? That could/will result in a time out.

solus

snippp....

Sorry, personally do not give care about the horse manure you are slinging, but as an open carrier of a firearm, do take notice and exception to your juvenile concept that making dangerous misstatements to 911 operators, commonly knowning as swatting, which could have deadly consequences to responding LEs as well as towards whomever you called 911 against.

It shows a complete lack of maturity as well as understanding of reality whatsoever.

With a bit of luck, the members of this forum will miss your future postings on the forum...

Last edited: