• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tale of woe regarding a stack on

wabbit

Well, lost the key to my security box, yes it’s door is securely closed but presumed empty!

7 march contacted stack on and filled out their form including an image of my DL. Pay pal took my 30 for two keys & sent an acknowledgement. No acknowledgement from stack on?

11 march completed stack on’ CS contact form. 12 march received not saying are all ‘really’ busy and it might take a couple of days to respond.

15 march called CS via corp number...nothing under my name, but by container s/n....oh ya here you are...give us about 3 weeks to get those replacement keys. ‘We’ve been busy of late...anything else, click’

Only reason i’m trying to get it open the container is bolted in a seldom used vehicle and want to possibly turn it.

Thought?

Ghost1958

Well, lost the key to my security box, yes it’s door is securely closed but presumed empty!

7 march contacted stack on and filled out their form including an image of my DL. Pay pal took my 30 for two keys & sent an acknowledgement. No acknowledgement from stack on?

11 march completed stack on’ CS contact form. 12 march received not saying are all ‘really’ busy and it might take a couple of days to respond.

15 march called CS via corp number...nothing under my name, but by container s/n....oh ya here you are...give us about 3 weeks to get those replacement keys. ‘We’ve been busy of late...anything else, click’

Only reason i’m trying to get it open the container is bolted in a seldom used vehicle and want to possibly turn it.

Thought?

If getting it open isn't the goal but just removing if from the vehicle just cut the bolts on the backside of whatever the bolts go thru.

If you do need to get it open probably a local lock Smith. Or local petty thief to pick it lol.

eye95

Thought?
Tell them that someone you know sells Stack-On products. They don’t want me bad-mouthing their customer service. They don’t want me steering customers to competitor’s products.

Keep me posted. I will relay your experience to potential Stack-On buyers.

wabbit

If getting it open isn't the goal but just removing if from the vehicle just cut the bolts on the backside of whatever the bolts go thru.

If you do need to get it open probably a local lock Smith. Or local petty thief to pick it lol.

The local hooligans don't hang in my neighborhood and the locksmith failed at picking the double lock, besides they do not have proprietary blanks for new keys

wabbit

Well 22 Mar received email saying it would be two weeks plus till they found time to send out keys...interesting way to do business and maintain a customer following. It is what it is i suppose.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Keep an eye out for the postman, introduce yourself, show them your ID with address, explain you lost your key, it'll take three weeks, but you require your mail now.

If that doesn't work, you can request they hold mail at the postal service center awaiting a weekly pickup by you in person.

You could do both, as the latter won't retrieve mail already in your box.

wabbit

Keep an eye out for the postman, introduce yourself, show them your ID with address, explain you lost your key, it'll take three weeks, but you require your mail now.

If that doesn't work, you can request they hold mail at the postal service center awaiting a weekly pickup by you in person.

You could do both, as the latter won't retrieve mail already in your box.

I am truly sorry you appear to have gotten extremely lost somewhere past the thread’s title, but thanks for your suggestions to wait for and introduce myself, showing my id as necessary to Travis, and asking if Travis can order a key for my stack on firearm storage box,

Back to the key...
About 10-14 days ago numerous UPS delivery notices showed up in my daily email but when I checked the tracking numbers they all stated awaiting item receipt to ship and was being shipped from a company I hadn’t dealt with, so the emails were trashed.

Today, UPS swung in the driveway and left a postcard sized bubble shipper that looked worse the wear. UPS driver apologized for the late delivery as apparently this parcel had been in transit for over eight days. Guess what, inside the box and it is now removed from my vehicle.