• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New ATF deny/delay Resolution cards for consumers

solus

Effective Aug 19 to be provided by FFL for those denied or delayed on the purchase of their firearm(s)

1569333584299.png

solus

As appropriate in those states which allow private sales w/o FFL interaction [read mandated bkgnd cks]

Info provided as some FFLs might not be aware of the requirement, yet!

KBCraig

If denied why not just make a private purchase?
If you're denied, the government believes that you are a prohibited person.

If you avoid NICS and purchase a firearm privately, the government still believes that you are a prohibited person.

It's best to get that status clarified if pursuing firearms ownership.

Ghost1958

If you avoid NICS and purchase a firearm privately, the government still believes that you are a prohibited person.

I'm probably misreading you but are,you advocating voluntarily going thru a NICS check before privately buying a firearm.?

Personally after living and learning , I'd advise never buying a firearm EXCEPT through private sales if at all possible.

I'll likely never buy thru a FFL again.

And if I'd known when I when I was young what I know now, I'd never have have bought a gun except privately.

solus

Ya’ll might wanta check out the 20ish states which mandate background checks for private sales of handguns and in some cases LGs!
[NC mandates PPP or CHP from county sheriff for private or FFL]

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Sorry, government belief doesn't win the prize. No one is obligated to purchase a product from the government through a government agent.

As to states that say otherwise, those laws are unconstitutional.

JTHunter2

Sorry, government belief doesn't win the prize. No one is obligated to purchase a product from the government through a government agent.
As to states that say otherwise, those laws are unconstitutional.

That would make gun buying the same as in Mexico. Only one store in the whole country, run by the government in the capitol, Mexico City. Sounds like fun. 💩

KBCraig

I'm probably misreading you but are,you advocating voluntarily going thru a NICS check before privately buying a firearm.?
Absolutely not.

Please just follow what I said: if you are denied by NICS while purchasing from an FFL, then the government think's you're prohibited.

If you want to pursue other avenues for purchasing, it would be wise to follow up that denial via the appeal process. if you don't, then whatever triggered the denial is still attached to your name.

Ghost1958

Absolutely not.

Please just follow what I said: if you are denied by NICS while purchasing from an FFL, then the government think's you're prohibited.

If you want to pursue other avenues for purchasing, it would be wise to follow up that denial via the appeal process. if you don't, then whatever triggered the denial is still attached to your name.

Ok I gotcha clear now.

As far as I know in my state there is no statute prohibiting buying from a private party simply because of a NICS, denial at a ffl.
Maybe other states there is.