• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart requesting no one open carry in stores

bushwacker

Ok It seems like wall mart is into trapping open carriers.there is a YouTube vid on this and it just happened to a friend of mine in Ohio .seem like they let you open carry in. And while your shopping they call the cops .now when the cops enter the parking lot they then make contact with you .then the cops arrive and take your gun and before you can go you must sign form letter saying you will never go into wall Mart again .the guy on YouTube videos form had all wallmarts nationwide and my friends had just that location.now when the manger made contact with my friend .He immediately head for the door but was stopped at the entrance ,gun taken ,unloaded,frisked .then was told that he was going to go to jail for trespass if he didn't sign the paper.he is about to start a new job and got off the road to save his marriage.so he signed .then they gave back his stuff.said manager waited to last m8nute to make contact . funny how wall Mart calls in a couple of open carriers to boot out another..

solus

Ok It seems like wall mart is into trapping open carriers.there is a YouTube vid on this and it just happened to a friend of mine in Ohio .seem like they let you open carry in. And while your shopping they call the cops .now when the cops enter the parking lot they then make contact with you .then the cops arrive and take your gun and before you can go you must sign form letter saying you will never go into wall Mart again .the guy on YouTube videos form had all wallmarts nationwide and my friends had just that location.now when the manger made contact with my friend .He immediately head for the door but was stopped at the entrance ,gun taken ,unloaded,frisked .then was told that he was going to go to jail for trespass if he didn't sign the paper.he is about to start a new job and got off the road to save his marriage.so he signed .then they gave back his stuff.said manager waited to last m8nute to make contact . funny how wall Mart calls in a couple of open carriers to boot out another..

guess bushwacker must be an urban myth since you didn’t provide any type of cite to show “your Buckeye friend’s lookie what I recorded nonsense”

sure your not talking about the video of the texas bloke in Aug 19 where the nice LE’s got called for shoplifter wearing a firearm?

we’ll wait since there is nothing to discuss per se...

mnrobitaille

Since Walmart Home Office sent out the request that we not open carry, I've been in 8 Walmarts while OCing. Nothing was said to me In the negative.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
How many are in this chain, 50,000, a thousand in each state? The form letter is formal trespass notice, constructive and effective, and the proper way to make trespass notice. Nothing new here. Move along. DO NOT GIVE CUSTOM TO WALMART.

Shop Mom&Pop.
How about being more specific. If you are referring to the form letter that requests the person to trespass themselves as constructive notice, you could not be more wrong.

Ghost1958

How many are in this chain, 50,000, a thousand in each state? The form letter is formal trespass notice, constructive and effective, and the proper way to make trespass notice. Nothing new here. Move along. DO NOT GIVE CUSTOM TO WALMART.

Shop Mom&Pop.

A formal tresspass notice is a sign.

Then a verbal notice by the property owner or caretaker, or manager.

Ohio bluffed the guy there into signing something he didn't need to sign.

solus

A formal tresspass notice is a sign.

Then a verbal notice by the property owner or caretaker, or manager.

Ohio bluffed the guy there into signing something he didn't need to sign.

Sorry ghost...awaiting cite to confirm this actually occurred in ohio and isn’t a rehash of olde outdated misinformation...[not that would ever occur from someone living across the country referring to a good bosom buddy‘s video who lives 2000 away!]

oh BTW remember signage must carry weight of law ...

solus

You can thank idiots like the one below for Walmart & other corporate entities requesting no OCing.

So the Northeastern Eastern Regional police who serve & protect the 8K population of East Manchester township were called & responded and determined the carrier of the firearm “which looked like an assault rifle” belonged to the carrier ~ papers please!

The carrier then went to use the LOO and the establishment‘s mgmt evacuated the facility ~ really?

Absolutely not one word of the carrier being asked to leave!

BS flag thrown as it is newspeek/social media misreporting nonsense fault [coupled with giant’s mgmt for being stuck on stupid over a way to glean their 15 minutes of fame]

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
EAST MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, Pa. – Northeastern Regional Police were called to the Giant grocery store on 205 Glen Drive Saturday afternoon for a report of a man armed with a gun, causing an evacuation.

The call came in at 4:11 p.m, according to York County Dispatch. The chief said a male customer came into the store openly carrying a gun that looked like an assault rifle. Another customer saw it and told managers who approached the man. It was discovered the man customer was the owner of the gun, and was legally able to carry it.

Police said the customer then went into the bathroom, at which point Giant made the decision to evacuate the store.

The evacuation was lifted about an hour later.

Garbage in - Garbage out

mnrobitaille

People should buy some Walmart stock and then go to the shareholders meeting at the end of the year and vote out the CEO!!! Sam Walton would never have permitted this crap

Another idea is to talk to Walmart associates that support the 2nd Amendment, as associates are allowed to buy stock via payroll deductions.