• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why didn't someone carrying in that Texas Wal-Mart interviene to stop that mass shooting?

Ghost1958

No, it did not. The gun-free mall was a neighboring property. There are no Walmart stores located in malls.

Might research that some more.

According to ABC News, El Paso law enforcement officials advise that, moments before his killing rampage, the shooter cased the Walmart “looking for Mexicans.” While that may be so, it is nevertheless true that, consistent with his “manifesto,” his recon was also calculated to make sure that he would be attacking in a low-security area. In that regard, the Walmart store had no armed security guard, no police presence, and was located in a shopping mall that was a self-proclaimed “gun-free zone.”

Yes it was located in a mall that was a gun free zone.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Might research that some more.

According to ABC News, El Paso law enforcement officials advise that, moments before his killing rampage, the shooter cased the Walmart “looking for Mexicans.” While that may be so, it is nevertheless true that, consistent with his “manifesto,” his recon was also calculated to make sure that he would be attacking in a low-security area. In that regard, the Walmart store had no armed security guard, no police presence, and was located in a shopping mall that was a self-proclaimed “gun-free zone.”

Yes it was located in a mall that was a gun free zone.
You know cops like to lie.
Watch the beginning of the video. Wal Mart is a stand alone store.

Ghost1958

You know cops like to lie.
Watch the beginning of the video. Wal Mart is a stand alone store.

I've searched and searched since this happened. I'm some manner the Wal-Mart was a GFZ. I don't know if it was some odd agreement on the lease or what.

But I have in-laws there. They say yes it's not an area where one can legally carry.

KBCraig

I've searched and searched since this happened. I'm some manner the Wal-Mart was a GFZ. I don't know if it was some odd agreement on the lease or what.

But I have in-laws there. They say yes it's not an area where one can legally carry.
And they back this up with...what?

KBCraig

Living there and they say so. That's all that's nessacary.
Sorry, no. That's not enough to confirm that what they told you is actually true.

Do they know what is required to make it off limits for legal carry? Have they seen the legally required notices posted on that specific Walmart property?

Ghost1958

Sorry, no. That's not enough to confirm that what they told you is actually true.

Do they know what is required to make it off limits for legal carry? Have they seen the legally required notices posted on that specific Walmart property?

Sorry yes , that is enough to confirm it. Maybe not for you but to be brutally honest the fact your are in essence calling them liars, makes you irrelevant as to what you think of believe.
They live , there, they carry. They know.

Believe what you want. Don't bother me with it again though. Done with you on this subject.

KBCraig

Sorry yes , that is enough to confirm it. Maybe not for you but to be brutally honest the fact your are in essence calling them liars, makes you irrelevant as to what you think of believe.
They live , there, they carry. They know.

Believe what you want. Don't bother me with it again though. Done with you on this subject.
No, I did not call them liars. I suggested that they might be, and probably are, uninformed or misinformed.

The fact that they live there and carry does not change that. I can't begin to tell you how many Texas CHL holders I've known personally who swore their guns were registered.

Ignorance is not maliciousness.

Ghost1958

No, I did not call them liars. I suggested that they might be, and probably are, uninformed or misinformed.

The fact that they live there and carry does not change that. I can't begin to tell you how many Texas CHL holders I've known personally who swore their guns were registered.

Ignorance is not maliciousness.

One last time.
They are life long Texans born and raised in that area. They are gun people. They know the gun laws in Tx.
They go to that mall. And that Wal-Mart.
I haven't asked the paticulars much but that Wal-Mart being situated where it is in relation to that mall makes it a GFZ the same as the mall.

Now please. If you want to believe it isn't a GFZ, then do.

Nothing anyone tells you is going to change what you think.b. And that's ok.

KBCraig

I haven't asked the paticulars much but that Wal-Mart being situated where it is in relation to that mall makes it a GFZ the same as the mall.

Now please. If you want to believe it isn't a GFZ, then do.

Nothing anyone tells you is going to change what you think.b. And that's ok.
Please do ask for the particulars. I really want to know them.

Being near a Simon mall doesn't make Walmart a GFZ. The only thing that can do that is legally binding signage, and so far no one has produced any evidence of that.

You're right that I don't believe something just because someone said that someone else said so. But I do believe evidence, such as photos.

Ghost1958

Please do ask for the particulars. I really want to know them.

Being near a Simon mall doesn't make Walmart a GFZ. The only thing that can do that is legally binding signage, and so far no one has produced any evidence of that.

You're right that I don't believe something just because someone said that someone else said so. But I do believe evidence, such as photos.

Last post. Told you how it is from people who are there.
If you want photos go take some. I'll not insult these good people to please you.

Now please let it go and believe what what you wish.

solus

KB, please forgive this observation but as you have numerous posts in this thread challenging the veracity of Ghost without one iota of substantiated material to refute his statement.

you truly have the audacity to believe there are not pockets of NH where locals concocted their own practices which contravenes the law?

all you have to do is read gutshot, et al., adventures in KY‘s thread to discern their are scofflaws who post signs or “spread” the word through the local community that this establishment or that one considers themselves a GFZ.

[three just from Aug of this year]

Just this June in the NM thread establishment hide behind the errant liquor laws and magickly the establishment declares themselves gun free. How or why this is being done or allowed is unknown.

if this bit of news from Texas contravenes your sensibilities please go there and validate the stated situation for yourself ~ but for goodness sake quit making yourself out as a country bumpkin by insisting “I don’t believe this or that“ simply cuz!

KBCraig

KB, please forgive this observation but as you have numerous posts in this thread challenging the veracity of Ghost without one iota of substantiated material to refute his statement.
I have done no such thing.

I simply believe that he has been given incorrect information. No matter how sincerely it's believed by Ghost or his sources, incorrect is incorrect.

Since the claim flies in the face of what we know about both the location and Walmart's policies, I asked for evidence. None has been offered.

Ghost1958

I have done no such thing.

I simply believe that he has been given incorrect information. No matter how sincerely it's believed by Ghost or his sources, incorrect is incorrect.

Since the claim flies in the face of what we know about both the location and Walmart's policies, I asked for evidence. None has been offered.

Yes evidence has been provided. By people on the ground at that location . Its obvious
Your going to hold your position regardless based on nothing except your opinion.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It appears the Walmart and Sam's club property is owned by Walmart. See attachment PDF below.
GEO_IDC32899900500100
Street Number7101
Street NameGATEWAY
Owner on fileWAL-MART STORES INC #2201
ZONING
PROP_ID393031
OWNER_ID
STATE_CDF1

Attachments

• El Paso Walmart.pdf
    109.9 KB · Views: 4