• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Gun Laws

solus

Since the introduction of Constitutional Carry, some of the info on the first page needs updating.

Bill, the data from the first page of this almost 8 year old thread was caveated by 09jissac's first couple of sentences, quote:

All information contained in this post and all linked documents are to be used ONLY as a starting point to the laws and not as legal advice. It is impossible to cite every law that we, as responsible citizens who carry firearms, may need to know. Always check everything found on the internet for correctness and always check Federal, State, and Local laws.

Personally, i sure wouldn't take any stautory data from 8 years ago as gospel of the land...

Further, why didn't you compose & post the updated/new material so forum members could be up to date & knowledgeable?

Just saying...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Since my private message fell on deaf ears a month or so ago, I thought a public message might be a way to get the OP to acknowledge and maybe we could work together to fix the issue. ...just saying

gutshot II

Bill, since the page has not had any significant updates in many years and there are only about three people that pass by the Ky. forum anymore, I doubt you can expect many volunteers to help on that project. Good luck.

KBCraig

Since my private message fell on deaf ears a month or so ago, I thought a public message might be a way to get the OP to acknowledge and maybe we could work together to fix the issue. ...just saying

Clicking on the OP's profile, I see: "Last seen Sep 28, 2016"

He's not an active participant.

gutshot II

Clicking on the OP's profile, I see: "Last seen Sep 28, 2016"

He's not an active participant.
Nor are any others, with about three exceptions. Posting here attracts less attention than putting a note in a bottle and throwing it in the ocean.

solus

Nor are any others, with about three exceptions. Posting here attracts less attention than putting a note in a bottle and throwing it in the ocean.

Gut, unless it is a plastic water bottle being tossed into the ocean...then Greta will say something...

just saying

KBCraig

It is not this forum. The other forums I partake also have low participation. Facebook, unfortunately, has taken over.
Some forums are still huge and extremely active. I suggest the forums at northeastshooters.com as a great example (I'm a member there). Hundreds of posts per day, not including the classified ads.

I've never been an Arfcom member, but I understand they're still going strong.

gutshot II

Some forums are still huge and extremely active. I suggest the forums at northeastshooters.com as a great example (I'm a member there). Hundreds of posts per day, not including the classified ads.

I've never been an Arfcom member, but I understand they're still going strong.
Arfcom IS going strong and it is a pay forum. Yearly membership to post. Free to lurk.

Ghost1958

Are you joking?! There is more going on with gun rights in Ky. right now than there has been at any time in my lifetime. What an ignorant and ilinformed thing to say!
And I rest my case . :sneaky:

There are no gun regs with a prayer of seeing the light of day. As usual.

The 2A sanctuary thing is only ky citizens declaring what MOST of us already knew.

Ky is hugely majority pro gun. Always has been always will be regardless of who's puffing and huffing around the Capitol or what they do.

Ghost1958

Said that about Virginia a few years back too.

Nemo

Va has,never been as gun friendly as ky.
Ky isnt Virginia, doesn't have the DC drip of liberals , and to put it bluntly ,regardless of a ban on cc, folks in ky pretty much carry and carry as they please, pretty much where they please.
Always have. Always will. Regardless of gov decrees .

Take the number of cc permits as the min number of carriers. Most folks that carry daily never bothered to get one. Unless they traveled.

For every person I know who Carrie's a gun daily with a permit I know 10 more that carry daily without one.

I'm speaking to BEFORE ky went to permit less carry.

gutshot II

Va has,never been as gun friendly as ky.
Ky isnt Virginia, doesn't have the DC drip of liberals , and to put it bluntly ,regardless of a ban on cc, folks in ky pretty much carry and carry as they please, pretty much where they please.
Always have. Always will. Regardless of gov decrees .

Take the number of cc permits as the min number of carriers. Most folks that carry daily never bothered to get one. Unless they traveled.

For every person I know who Carrie's a gun daily with a permit I know 10 more that carry daily without one.

I'm speaking to BEFORE ky went to permit less carry.
I carried illegally concealed for year before we got concealed carry licenses. Many of the people that I knew did the same. I was stopped several times by police. All they ever said was, "keep that thing covered up better".

solus

I carried illegally concealed for year before we got concealed carry licenses. Many of the people that I knew did the same. I was stopped several times by police. All they ever said was, "keep that thing covered up better".

ya know, my daddy used to say "if ya been naughty you sure don't go bragg'n bout it cuz it could bite ya in the arse!"

glad to know members follow the forum rules and don't advocate illegal activity on this hear public forum, huh gutshot!

let's see the ramifications of a person of colour get stopped by johhny law today...